PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error - Site not loading / White Screen

Hi,

My website is not loading. I have updated to the latest BeTheme Version - 21.1.8 and I have updated all my plugins with the exception of not being able to update Layerslider to version 6.8.2. 

Within cPanel I have checked the error text file. It gives the following error:

[29-Apr-2019 12:52:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mfn_opts_show() in /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/header.php:36
Stack trace:
#0 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(704): require_once()
#1 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(653): load_template('/home/shanedal/...', true)
#2 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(41): locate_template(Array, true)
#3 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/page.php(10): get_header()
#4 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(77): include('/home/shanedal/...')
#5 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/shanedal/...')
#6 /home/shanedal/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/shanedal/...')
#7 {main}
  thrown in /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/header.php on line 36

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank You,

Shane

Comments

• Hi,
    We updated the Child Theme files in recent update.
    To fix these errors, you have to find and replace the 'mfn_opts_show()' to 'echo mfn_opts_get()' in files which were modified (in the child theme files of course)
    After that, everything should be working fine, we had to make that change because of the new envato rules, more about it here: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000481243#h_674316188621522302914837

Thanks
  • Hi 

I tried that and the problem still persists.

Can you advise further action please?
  • Is the error message still the same?
    Is your PHP Version 7 or higher?
    Thanks
  • Hi Yes I am still getting the same error.

I ran the search and replace on all tables. One row was affected. 

Yes the PHP version is 7.2 on cPanel.

This is a recent error log:

[30-Apr-2019 10:16:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mfn_opts_show() in /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/header.php:36
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(704): require_once()
    #1 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(653): load_template('/home/shanedal/...', true)
    #2 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(41): locate_template(Array, true)
    #3 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/page.php(10): get_header()
    #4 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(77): include('/home/shanedal/...')
    #5 /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/shanedal/...')
    #6 /home/shanedal/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/shanedal/...')
    #7 {main}
      thrown in /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/header.php on line 36
  • Hi,

Just to mention, I did another search and replace and no tables were changed

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access and ftp access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

I have added dashboard access on the page you have suggested above. Also included is a link to this forum discussion.

Shane
  • Please do not use the better search and replace plugin, it will corrupt your database.
    You have to manually edit the child theme files and change it in the code, it is not even in the database so this plugin will not help you.

The error clearly says where is the issue:

30-Apr-2019
    10:16:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined
    function mfn_opts_show() in
    /home/shanedal/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/header.php:36

You need to edit the header.php file and change the
    'mfn_opts_show()' to 'echo mfn_opts_get()' in line 36.

thanks