upgraded from very old version (2016 to 2020) help with styling

Hello, as title says i'm managing a site that was never updated since 2016. worpress version and everything else stuck at that time period. of course it had php 5.6... i managed to upgrade everything and i'm working with a modified hosts file since the site has yet to be transferred and i'll do it as soon as i'm ready with my job. the theme has modified css from theme options.

the url is www.allacasella.it (where you can see the old site with the right styling) my temporary ip is 80.88.87.58 (if you change your hosts you can see the new updated version) the problem is visible in all pages.

1.  the header bar with adress, phone mail etc is movedd down the menu without the text inside (it is only a brown bar that should not be there)

here the screenshots and the css code: https://we.tl/t-ebxZj61lfz

2. i also added a screenshot for the mobile responsive version where there is a big brown rectangle. too high.. how to remove it or reduce it? this was visible in the old version too.

3. last thing i noticed, the menu is clipping under the site box as you can see in another screen

thanks

Comments

• edited March 2020
    looks like i got the first part by checking "Show above the header" for the action bar.
  • for the responsive big rectangle for now i fixed it with this css. do you have a more elegant solution?

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px)
    {
    body:not(.template-slider):not(.header-simple) #Header {
        min-height: 50px !important;
        background-position: center 202px;
    }
    }

• also fixed menu with "Submenu | Fold last 2 to the left". any way to setup z-index from theme for the menu?
  • Hi,
    Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.
    thanks
  • thanks. that's what i did. i followed that guide step by step and got it working wit these minor bugs. as you can see i managed to fix them, but maybe there's a better way? 
  • From this version a lot of things changes and they need to be reconfigured to work properly.
    Can you tell me, which elements do you want to change? What can I see, the website on new version works fine.
    Thanks
  • hello, i explained everything in my posts. i found solutions myself even tho i'm not sure the second one is the best (the css one) i guess i'm fine for now.