Isaac

Debbie                

Jerry

Ezra                     

Kim

Frank                   

Larry

And so forth.

The BeTheme documentation on MegaMenu is rather confusing (https://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#header .

You can see what the menu looks like now at: http://copperhead.flywheelsites.com/

This is a dev site, so access requires login:

Username: flywheel

Password: MarksSite

As you can see, the menu is extending across the entire page and it’s only one
column.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Comments

• Hello,
    we do not have any other explanation that the one on the documentation website.
    Please try to follow it again:

To create a mega menu on your website, you have to add Custom Links to your menu. Make sure that you are in Appearance > Menus tab before you start. Navigate left where you can see the custom links tab. When you click on it, it will show two fields, type a "#" in the first field and your preferred menu item name in the second field called: Link text. Click Add to Menu.

We type a "#" to make the main link not clickable, you can also type in any URL there.

The new menu item will show up on the right, click it to see more options. The most important thing to check is the Activate Mega Menu option, remember to have it enabled.

When your main menu item is ready we can get to creating the mega menu columns, to do that just add another custom link, again with the "#" as the link and in the link text field type a "-". Click add to Menu

Drag the created menu item under your previously created main menu item but set it as a subitem. To do that just move it to the right, just as you would while creating a normal menu.

If you did everything right the name of the submenu item should change from "-" to "- sub item". This is your column. Now you can add your pages under the column and they will appear on the site under each other.

To create another column just repeat the last step and set the sub item under the previous one.

For a better understanding of the placement of the menu items look at the image on the right.

If you still are stugling with setting it up, please make us a screenshot of what you have now, and what would you like to have.
    thanks
  • Thanks for your reply.

The instructions are not clear at all - they are confusing. You may want to take a few minutes to re-write them or at least to include a screenshot of what the finished Menu setup page could look like when creating a mega menu. I finally figured it out, but it was not because of the instructions. I had to guess and play for nearly two hours to get it right.That's not very good support.

Simply adding screenshot like this to that page would be worth 10,000 words: https://www.screencast.com/t/fUhpEHrh2
  • But the documentation has a screenshot on the right side of the explanation.
    I will take a look at this, and maybe even make a video tutorial because you may be right that its too complicated.
    thanks!
  • Thanks! I don’t mean to be critical and hope comments like these are helpful to you (and ultimately your customers). I have 8 or 10 sites running on BeTheme at present, so it’s important for me to be able to understand and implement changes without much trouble. Best, AA.
  • So, is the problem clear for you now?
    I do not know if you need more explanation and what elements do you not understand now.
    thanks
  • I’m good now. Thanks. I got it to work - but I do think a better explanation and screenshots would help your users. Thanks for checking back. You can close this ticket.