After upgrading ... Action button in main menu

Hello,

After some upgrade in the past, I'm struggling with adjusting 2 visual unappealing issues:

1. On our blog page, e.g. http://bigboards.io/2015/04/02/data-scientist-and-big-data-developer-wanted/ the action button in the main menu incorrectly aligns, probably because the buttion aligns for a menu at full height, whereas the menu is drawn at the height which it normally has after scrolling. I can not find the root cause of this problem and have the menu at proper height again when at top of page.
  2. The main title of the blog posts now receive a black background. It used to have the regular (light-grey) background. I can't find why this changed or how to readjust it. 
Could you help me get these 2 quirks out of our website please? Thanks beforehand!
-wim

Comments

• Hi,

1. We have no idea why this happened because it does not look the same on our side but below css will help you for sure:
    #Top_bar a.button.action_button { top: 10px !important; }
    2. Did you checked "Subheader background" color under Theme options > Colors > Header section?
    1. Can it be cause by the fact that I'm running a child theme from BeTheme?
    2. That's obviously the first thing I checked! Configured value is #F7F7F7
  • 1. If you made changes in betheme then this could be the reason.

2. If you checked this section, then color comes from "one style color" generator and can be changed within css:
    #Subheader { background-color: #F7F7F7 !important; }
  • Regarding (2) I switched to custom color instead of one color skin and this solved the issue with the black titles on the blog page.
  • Regarding (1) I seem to have solved this for the Blog page which gives the overview of the articles. I did this by reconfiguring the page's template. 

However, for the individual posts the header still shows in his reduced height as when the page is scrolled. 

By debugging the HTML code, it appears the article's body is created with class header-fixed instead of header-below. If I use the developer tools to change this class, the header menu works properly.

Any idea what is going wrong and how I can make this work? 

Thanks already!
    -wim 
  • 1) Can you show us on screenshot what you mean exactly? Because we do not see anything wrong there and all looks fine for us.
  • If e.g. you look at our latest blog post (http://bigboards.io/2015/10/25/bigdata-a-story-about-mages-and-mechanics/) The menu at the top starts with a height of 60px and the 'Buy a Hex' button lies over the edge of the top menu. On scrolling down, the button jumps into the middle of the header.

On the other pages, the header starts at a height of 90px the Buy button nicely vertically centered. When scrolling, the menu changes to 60px and the Buy button vertically centers again.

I had this issue previously on the main pages as well, but toying with the menu settings a bit, changed this behaviour ... on all pages but the blog posts.

Hope this helps!
    -wim
  • We did checked your site once again and we noticed that you change header layout for post pages. You did it under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog section where Layout ID field is. If you want to have the same header on all pages, you should not set custom layouts for inner pages.
  • Layout ID for Blog page is emtpy!
  • If it's empty, then we have no idea what else you may did wrong. You probably set header layout for inner pages different way. Maybe it's custom css or maybe something completely else.
  • Hello,

I kept searching for how I could have set up the header layout for these article pages, but can not find any way. I went through all configurations, recreated a new child theme without custom code etc.

No result whatsoever. It really bothers me that the headers does not behave like everywhere else.

Any idea on how to hunt this cause down? 
    -wim
  • If you will send us private message, we can have a look on it but if this won't be related with any theme settings, we won't be able to help.
  • Just for public review... Muffingroup's support is AWESOME!!!!

Thanks so much guys for finding and resolving this issue on our website http://bigboards.io