Licensing

We have a number of themes we've purchased. We initial work on a staging site that's customer.hostingservice.com - then eventually launch it at customerdomain.com. These are both the same site.

When I try to deregister the them - it says to remove the theme from the customer.hostingservice.com. But if I do that then the theme is removed from customerdomain.com too (because it's the same site)...and I can't register it if I removed it...and if the theme exists at customerdomain.com, then it also exists at customer.hostingservice.com.

We have to register it on the staging domain (customer.hostingservice.com) so that we can do updates and make sure everything works before launching.

We use this theme regularly and have purchase many licenses - we just need to make this process smoother.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

If you want to register your subdomain with the same license key you have register it on the main domain first, and after that on the subdomain.

Thanks

• I don't think that really answers the question though. It's not really a subdomain. It's our hosting company domain.

The domain that is the "staging" site is customer.hostingservice.com

The actual domain is customer.com.

So it's not a subdomain of customer.com.

We understand the method of deregsitering and reregistering...but the issue is that the theme can't be "removed" from customer.hostingservice.com because that is the same site as customer.com. If i remove it from customer.hostingservice.com - to deregister it, then it doesn't exist to register it on customer.com.

The way the hosting system works is that customer.com is the primary domain, but the staging domain still functions.

If we take this to an email or PM conversation, I can be more specific on the URLs.

• Also, I think if I do register it at customer.com (even if the site doesn't exist yet), then I won't be able to make theme updates at customer.hostingservice.com. I'd have the same issue, but in reverse.

• If you are having issues with deregistering your license key, want to manage your license key or most important, you want to deregister a website that has been removed without deregistering it first, head to this topic: https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

There you will find instructions and a link to our license tool.

thanks