Mobile Menu

Is it possible to have a different menu in the hamburger menu that shows up for mobile than it is for main navigation? they would like to include a 'home' button link in the mobile menu but not in the main navigation. Also... they have asked for the hamburger menu to be on screen at all time when the user starts to scroll... is this possible?

Comments

• Hello,

Yes, it is possible. Please, go to Betheme -> Theme option -> Responsive -> Header, there you will be able to set the sticky header, and choose diferent menu for mobile view.

Thanks

• I checked that but it doesn't seem to stick. I did find how to set the separate mobile menu. I'm wondering if there is a way for the desktop menu to turn into the hamburger menu and stick in the top right corner when someone scrolls on a page.

• Do you have turned on Sticky option in Betheme -> Theme options -> Header & Subheader -> Header?

To have the hamburger menu on desktop display, please, check the layout style Empty: Subpage without Header (in the same localization as mentioned above).

Thanks

• if we don't use the hamburger menu for desktop, is it possible that the tablet width inherits the mobile menu instead of the desktop menu. I get the mobile menu on my cell phone... but when i move my browser width to be narrow, the hamburger menu shows the main nav (not the mobile nav).

• i also have the sticky now turned on in Betheme -> Theme options -> Header & Subheader -> Header and also for tablet and for mobile. No stickiness is happening!

• 1) With the basic Betheme setting, there is no option to set a different tablet display menu. But you can achieve that with the Header Builder plugin. To learn more about this tool, please, check the following video tutorial.

https://support.muffingroup.com/video-tutorials/how-to-build-a-custom-header/

2) Do you have the newest version of Betheme?

If not, please, update it, and check if the issue with the sticky menu still appears.

Thanks

• yes... i have the latest version and it's still not 'sticky'

• Then, please, turn off all of the plugins, resave theme options, refresh your cache, and check if the issue still appears.

Thanks