Blog

edited January 2021 in Blog

Hi

Got a couple of questions re blogs

1. I have a blog-News Section on the landing page with a teaser of 4 blogs- I'd like these to have a 50 word excerpt. (News Section) http://www.southbynorth.co.uk/fs1/home/
  2. On the actual blog page (called News in this case) I'd like an infinite say 100 max scroll of news articles and I'd like to have these with a 100 word excerpt. http://www.southbynorth.co.uk/fs1/news-events/
  3. Can the blogs on a classic column layout be alternated in layout so the images appear left on one and right on the other?

Thank you

☺️

Comments

• Hello,

1) To change the length of the excerpt, please, go to Betheme -> Theme options -> Blog, Portfolio & Shop -> Blog, and in Options section you will be able to modify it.

Notice to put this excerpt in the WordPress editor, not in the Excerpt field.

If you do not want to display it on your post page, please, turn on the option Hide The Content.

2,3) Can you describe to me greater, what you want to achieve, please?

It would be great if you attach some examples.

Thanks

• HI

• Basically on Home page I wanted a 50 word excerpt limit on the blog section and in the actual blog/News page I wanted a 100 word limit.
    • Can the FOLIOs (apologies not Blog) on layout be alternated in layout so the images appear left on one and right on the other?

• Can the FOLIOs (apologies not Blog) on layout be alternated in layout so the images appear left on one and right on the other?

• 1) Sorry, but unfortunately, there is no option or setting to achieve that.

2) By FOLIOs you mean portfolio?

If yes, sadly, there is no layout for portfolio that would allow to display one image on the left, and one on the right. That layout may destroy the mobile display because it would display your porftfolio in the following order: image1, text1, text2, image2, e.t.c.

Best regards

• That's fine. Thank you.

Just one other question.

We've got a Section on the landing page that we'd like to have show some of the folio in as a teaser/direct link can we have that set up as a grid of say eight folio boxes equally spaced out?

Like this?

• You can use the Equal Height of Wraps option, please check it out:

Thanks

• Hi

Played with that and we're getting this, got this layout Link http://www.southbynorth.co.uk/fs1/home

1. How can we remove the text and just have the images?
    2. how can we set the grid to match the with of the items below?

Thanks

?

• 1) Please, put the following Cutom CSS Code in the Custom | CSS field placed in the bottom of page options of the page that contain these images.

.portfolio-item .desc{
       display: none!important;
    }

2) Click on the Section options that contain this item, and uncheck the Full Width option.

Thanks

• edited January 2021

Great. Thank you.

How would we get rid of the magnifying glass image pop up on hover? We just need the link.

?

• I noticed that you changed the icons into the text.

Do you still need my help or is this what you wanted to have?

Best regards

• Thanks, found the work around for that . Silence due to current global circumstances. :)