Elementor keeps Revolution Slider from playing on Home page

I've cleared caches, made sure all plugins are updated, and the theme is current. What is weird is that the slider Revolution was working fine just a few days ago. Now, it works only on any page other than the home page. When I deactivated Elementor it solved the slider problem, but then I was getting an error like the screenshot I've attached.

Any ideas? I'm not using Elementor and would prefer to remove it to help with loading speed, but I'm ok having it if I can get slider working on home page.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.

Thanks

• edited July 2021

I provided screenshots and a description of the problem. I was just looking for suggestions. We are using the Under Construction page so you can't see it unless you are logged in. However, I can provide admin login info if that helps. The site is bullshipples.io.

• It's seriously annoying that when you try to edit the page it sometimes works but you usually get that error at least 7 times before it allows you to edit.

• Screenshots help indeed, but I also need to look at the website's source for a proper investigation.

If you want to keep the under construction enabled, please send us WordPress dashboard access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• I've submitted login info in the contact section and also included a link to this thread. I did hear back from Slider Revolution regarding the Slider Revolution integration and they said it is because of Elementor and they are escalating it. If you can address the edit page function and/or give any suggestions on how to remove an unwanted Elementor plugin without getting errors that would be great.

• You had opened the Elementor edit for your home page.

Even you did not add anything with this builder, and it caused the problem with the slider. However, when I pressed "Back to WordPress Editor", everything is fine, even when Elementor is activated.

That is why we always suggest not to mix two builders on a website and especially per page. 🙂

Moreover, if you want to delete the Elementor from your website, you can do it through Plugins -> Installed Plugins (it needs to be deactivated first).

Best regards

• Thank you for the assistance. The site was working fine today after you did that, and I deactivated and uninstalled Elementor. However, it started giving me the same error this afternoon. I've attached the error message.

• Are there any steps to reproduce to have this issue?

Please, check if this error appears when you disable all of the plugins.

Best regards

• I have tried to deactivate all plugins and reinstall. I still receive the error even with everything deactivated. This is the error message: "TypeError: this.activateMode is not a function" Also, I've attached a screen shot of the additional message links since it is too many characters for this forum.

• I downloaded and activated the Elementor, everything works fine.

https://yourwebsite.io/mfn-test-elementor/

Please test it on that page I sent you, just replace the link to website, I hidden it because it was not public.

thanks

• Sorry for the confusion, but I had completely uninstalled Elementor as I was not using it. The original issue at the beginning of this thread (Slider Revolution working on home page) and Elementor uninstall was solved, but the error messages still happen regularly when I try to do a normal edit on a page in either the top bar or in Pages in WP Admin. I will start a new thread with this.