Betheme Version: 25.1.7 pre-built website install critical error

Hi

Using the recommended WP reset option when installing a pre-built website causes a critical error. This is not a one off, it's has happened six times in a row in 48 hours of downloading version 25.17. Fortunately this is not mission critical as I decided some time ago to purchase a spare licence in order to test and trial pre-built websites prior to using them on a client domain.

Better to use the WP Reset plugin prior to installing rather than to choose this built in option.

Just saying :)

Comments

• Hey,

what "critical error" you've faced with exactly? We use this option since years, same as thousands of other users and never met with any error. It's very odd what you're saying.

• I know!

And I have been using this feature for several years without any issues. But yesterday and today having downloaded the latest version of the theme (released 21st Dec so only a week old) once clicking to install the site, a blank screen for a while, not the usual streaming icon, then a list of media files that failed to load along with the message telling me 'There has been a critical error on the site' suggesting 'go to your admin email for more info', but no email there. So loading the pre-built website again, this time without choosing the built-in WP database option, loads just fine.

Tried it a few times, every time the built-in WP reset was used the same error. If I don't use the built-in reset feature (like I said, used the WP Reset plugin instead) all fine.

I'll even try it again later so I can get a screen dump and post it. If it was a one-off I would have accepted it as a glitch but six times in a row became a challenge :)

• Here you go !

• So, load the pre-built site again immediately after, without choosing the WP database reset option (which I assume was done OK the first time) and it loads fine

• In such case, please go to theme folder, create php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us link to that file so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem might be related with those limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

• OK guys

I suspect a hosting issue.

Just did a brand new WordPress installation (like minutes ago) and it came up with the same error.

It takes two attempts to load a pre-built website. The first with errors, the second without. This cannot be an issue with the theme. This must be something else.

I'll create the file

Thank you for your kind assistance :)

• We are always happy to help.

Then we are waiting for the PHPINFO file.

Thanks