Page catégory

Hello

is it possible to define an automatic format for wordpress categories (without having to create a page for each category)? thanks in advance

Comments

• I don 't like the automatic presentation :

is it possible to define an automatic format for wordpress categories (without having to create a page for each category)? thanks in advance

thank you

• Hello,

There is no setting to achieve that, but you can create a Template, and choose it on a new page.

Thanks

• edited January 2022

Hello, thank you for your answer :-)

I'm going to do it one category at a time with a template. I've just tested but the display doesn't suit me either: https://www.breatharianworld.com/playlist-nicolas-pilartz/

I had to add in the CSS :

h6.entry-title {

white-space: nowrap;

width: 18em;

overflow: hidden;

text-overflow: ellipsis;

line-height: 10px;

}

img.scale-with-grid, #Content img {

position: relative;

width: auto;

height: 170px;

overflow: hidden; 

}

but I don't get what I want: to have the articles with the same thumbnail size and the title on 2 lines max. could you help me?

thank you

• Please attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

Thanks

• hello

the tested page is this one: https://www.breatharianworld.com/playlist-nicolas-pilartz/

My need was to align the "read more" (here in Italian) and the thumbnails: they should be the same size. 

I managed to truncate the text on one line but I want the text on 2 lines in fact.

Thanks for your help

• i check on the HP : https://www.breatharianworld.com/

I have the same problem here: all these articles have the same thumbnail size but they don't conform in terms of display. I don't understand why

thank you

• I can see that the thumbnails are the same size on both websites.

Did you handle it?

I am not sure if I understood correctly what you want to achieve. Can you describe it to me in more detail, please?

Thanks

• no i don't have the solution to my problem the format is not the right one: all the thumbnails should be wider and less high to display the full names.

• and the pictures are distorted (not homothetic)

thank you

• Your custom CSS mess the thumbnail display.

To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog, please navigate to theme options -> blog & portfolio -> featured image.

Notice!

Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

The tile also does not show up in two lines because of your custom CSS.

Thanks

• hello, it works perfectly.

I have regenerated everything and the thumbnails are displayed at the right size.

Thank you very much for your help.

• You are welcome.

If you have any other questions or problems, feel free to ask.

Thanks