BeBuilder functions

Hi, I found two broken features in the new BeBuilder:

1) Section - three dots button - actions - hide section.

Then, when I click on the "Update" (page) button, the section is still displayed in the preview. If I click on Pages in the admin menu and then on the page where I set the section as hidden, then this section is set as displayed.

This problem "works" the other way around: when I import a page where one section has already been hidden, it cannot be set to "show section" in the new BeBuilder, it still keeps its original state.

2) There is a new Typography button in the Column Text element, but it does nothing.

Comments

• The color that was set in Theme Options - Colors - Elements - Sliding Box Title background is ignored by the Sliding Box element. The default blue #0095eb is used instead. When I set background color in the element settings - Style - Background, for example to yellow, when the page is displayed, blue #0095eb appears and it then gradually changes to yellow.

On all pages created in Betheme 25.1.9 or lower, after updating to 26.0, the Sliding Box title background will change to #0095eb.

• Hi,

1) Thanks for reporting this issue. I have passed it to the dev team, and the fix for it should be available in the next update. For now, as a workaround, you can hide the section for all devices in Advanced -> Responsive.

2) On what HTML tags did you test the Column text element? Be aware that some tags styles have higher priority and the typography might not affect them.

As you can see on the screenshot above, typography affects the whole text, except one word which is placed in the H3 tag and it takes its styles from Theme Options.

3) This issue also should be resolved in the upcoming update. For now, please, put the following CSS code in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

.sliding_box .desc_wrapper{
       background-color: #afbf00!important;
    }
    .sliding_box .desc_wrapper:after{
       border-bottom-color: #afbf00!important;
    }

Thanks

• Section - three dots button - actions - collapse section

It used to work fine, but in version 26.0 this setting is ignored. The next time I will edit this page, the section will be expanded. Tested many times.

• Order on mobile - originally only "reverse order" was in version 26 divided into reverse rows and reverse columns. I don't think it's clear how to use this feature properly, more precisely how to get the expected result. In addition: it is easy to lose control of this function when it is possible to set a reverse order for a section or for a wrap.

I've done a few tests, for simplicity only with two elements, but I'm getting a different result than I would expect. If I have two columns and I use "reverse columns", nothing happens. If I use "reverse rows" for columns, I get the reverse order of the columns.

If I have two rows, then the reverse order works as expected.

• Element settings - Style tab

Some elements have only one item in the Style tab, but the accordion is collapsed, which means I have to click the arrow unnecessarily to expand that item. So, in my opinion, if there is only one item in the Style tab, the accordion should be expanded.

For example, this is the case in the Image element.

• Column Text - Format

When I need to enclose text between p or h1-h6 tags, this "Format" drop-down menu is very useful. However, I think it would be good for this menu to close automatically as soon as I select the desired item. This would speed up the work if, for example, I have a text where there is a heading, a paragraph, then another heading and two paragraphs ...

Now I have to click on the text window area every time to close the drop-down menu and I can select the next part of the text.

• Hi Phil, the typography button, as I found out now, works in the Live builder, but not in the classic version, which I use. That's the problem - not the type of text.

Thanks

• Section - three dots button - actions - collapse section

Thanks, I have passed this to the dev team.

The fix will be available in the next update.

Order on mobile

With the new version of our builder, there is a possibility to have two (or more) columns for mobile display. For example, reverse rows, reverse the order, let's say "vertically", and Reverse columns work "horizontally".

Also, this feature is in Wraps and Sections because, in Section, it reverses only Wraps order, and in Wraps, it reverses the order of the elements.

Column Text - Format

Thanks for the suggestion. Please, share it with us also on the following topic:

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

the typography button, as I found out now, works in the Live builder, but not in the classic version

Passed to the dev team 😉

Best regards

• Yes, I understand. But the "Reverse columns" function does not work properly. I tested it on a section with two wraps next to each other and also on a wrap with two elements next to each other.

I can swap two columns only when I choose "Reverse rows"

By the way, on the page that was created in version 25.x, I had a "reverse order" set on a two-column wrap. After upgrading to version 26.0, "Reverse rows" is set in Advanced / Responsive. This leads me to wonder if it is possible that the button descriptions are swapped. Something like reverse buttons :)

• Can you please attach a link to your website, and screenshots showing what exactly you are referring to, please?

Thanks

• Hi Phil, I created two test pages. The section where the bikes are is exactly where I need to have:

arrangement for the desktop - bike / text // text / bike

arrangement for the mobile bike / text / bike / text

Below on each page is a mobile preview and screenshots from the builder.

https://test26.webidea.cz/reverse-1/

This is correct, but to swap the columns of the second wrap on mobile, I need to use the "Reverse rows" button.

https://test26.webidea.cz/reverse-2/

This is wrong, the "Reverse columns" button has no effect on the order of the columns.

• The second page where the mobile display is "wrong" does not have columns, only rows.

Please see the screenshots below.

I separate each row with the red line:

Reverse rows used on the second wrap:

There are no columns, so the Reverse columns option does not work.

These are columns:

Reverse columns used on the second wrap:

As I mentioned before your example does not have columns on mobile display, and that is why only Reverse rows work as you excepted.

You need to open the mobile display in builder and decrease the elements to 1/2.

Customizing the tablet and mobile versions is available only in the front-end editor.

Best regards