Template builder for Tags and Categories lost after update!

Hi, we used the betheme templates for all of our product categories and tags. It was working perfectly before we update to V26.

After update, all of the templates which were conditionally set to certain categories and tags have disappeared on the frontend but are still in the backend. All categories and all tags are now taking the template of the SHOP (All products) page.

The main reason of using Betheme for this shop was to make sure we can edit tags and categories.

Please help. URL: https://www.gaumen-freun.de/

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

I have passed this information to the dev team, and we will take a closer look at it.

Best regards

• Hi @Phil

Please let me know if you need more information. We may need to roll back the theme to the last 25 Version on Monday because this is not good for the business of our client. Please let me know if you need any kind of help from our side. Thanks!

• We have located the root cause, and the fix will be available in the next update.

If you need this fix now, you can send us your WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and attach a link to this forum discussion.

Also, you can wait for the upcoming update.

Thanks

• edited March 2022

Hi @Phil , as always you are amazing!!!

Is it possible please if you can tell me what fix is needed (only if the update isnt coming out today) Because I have to fix it to 3 websites and I wouldnt want to disturb you too much to go in all of them and fix it. Is it okay please if you send me the instructions or the file that needs editing... (I do theme editing too and I know most of Betheme files by heart)

You can send it via [email protected] if you dont mind please

Thanks once again! You guys are amazing. Keep up the good work

• In file /wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/theme-functions.php find line 407, which should look like this:

if( (is_product_category() || is_product_tag()) && isset($qo->term_id) && !empty(get_term_meta($qo->term_id, 'mfn_shop_template', true)) && get_post_status( $qo->term_id ) == 'publish' ){

and replace it with the following one:

if( (is_product_category() || is_product_tag()) && isset($qo->term_id) && !empty(get_term_meta($qo->term_id, 'mfn_shop_template', true)) && get_post_status( get_term_meta($qo->term_id, 'mfn_shop_template', true) ) == 'publish' ){

Thanks

• Gocha! Thanks, let me try this please