Scroll to ID

Hi,

I am having trouble implementing the scroll to ID functionality.

I can get it to scroll to a section, but it does not scroll to the same postion consistently.

Sometimes it scrolls exactly to the top of the section (which is what I want it to do). But other times it misses the top of the section, sometimes above and other times below.

Any ideas why it is not scrolling consistently and what I can do to make it scroll to the top of the section reliably?

Thanks for any suggestions.

---Howie

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Thanks

• Hi,

I am in the process of building my website so it is still offline. However, I can give you some more information and ask some related questions.

Here is the code I am using to initate the scroll from the top of a page to lower on the same page:

<p><a class="scroll" style="font-size: 30px;" href="#leib" data-font-size="30px"><u>Leib Kaufman</u></a></p>

The anchor ID (leib) is inserted in the Custom/ID field of the section to where I want to scroll.

Sometimes it scrolls exactly to the top of the section (which is what I want it to do). But other times it misses the top of the section, sometimes above and other times below (see image below which shows the landing position of two different scrolls).

The difference from scroll to scroll is about 30 or 40 pixels.

I tried using the section as the ID, some text toward the top of the section as the ID, and even the image as the ID. All result in the same landing position variability. I also tried with and without the One Page option enabled, but neither setting helped.

When you use a scroll to ID function on one of your other websites, can you give me an idea of the variability in landing positions? If 30 to 40 pixels of landing position variability common or can you scroll to the same postion each time?

I also tried using the Scroll Page to ID plugin, but was not able to use it becasue I am asssuming BeTheme does not allow its use or the scripts conflict (correct?). Is there a way to turn off the BeTheme script to allow the Scroll Page to ID plugin to work?

Thanks in advance for your comments and any suggestions to scroll to a conistent position.

---Howie

• Hi,

The scroll function should go to the same point each time.

We do not support the Scroll Page to ID plugin, so there might be some conflict between our theme and this plugin. Unfortunately, turning off the Betheme script requires theme file modification, for which we do not provide help.

Can you put this website online temporarily, so we can check out what is happening, please?

It would be best if you send us WordPress dashboard access to it privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Hi Phil,

Once I put my website online, I could not reproduce the problem, that is it now scrolls to the same location each time.

So I will assume the problem is only with the off-line version and will not bother with it any longer.

Thanks for your help.

---Howie

• If this will happen again on the online website, please, let me know.

Best regards