''there has been a critical error on your website''

Hello,

'' It looks like the problem is with the latest WP version (6.1) and older BeTheme version.

To fix that, you have to get into the FTP, remove old directory of BeTheme and upload the latest one from the themeforest, after that you will get your wp-admin work correctly.''

This was the solution to the problem i am having but it didn't fix it. I have 60 websites. Can you please help me?

Comments

• Me too. Total nightmare with my hosting tech, 2 hours trying to fix. The site was all messed up and could not log in through to the dashboard through admin. Finally added the new theme download through the themes background and the site came back up and could now login through admin, but now the footer is not appearing on the home page, so it still seems to have issues. Can BE tech help me to stabilize my site please.

Thanks

Scott

• Same problem here, almost 80 sites where I can't access the admin section.

• Hello @leventoztas77, @rablebdigital

Did you remove the betheme directory completely? It's really necessary to remove whole directory with BeTheme and upload the latest version from Themeforest there.

Also, if you use the child theme, you should remove/rename it to unpin changes for a testing purposes.

Hello @severescott,

We did not change anything with the footer itself, can you explain and show me on screenshot the issue, also share a link to your website.

We'll check whats wrong.

thanks

• Same error here, i can't access any wp-admin.

When I disable betheme, Im able to log into the admin.

I enabled debug mode via FTP and the following errors appeared, but even increasing to WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M the error continues.

• Hello @tecnospeedti,

There is a problem is with the latest WP version (6.1) and older BeTheme version.

To fix that, you have to get into the FTP, remove old directory of BeTheme and upload the latest one from the themeforest, after that you will get your wp-admin work correctly.

thanks

• But if I remove the whole directory, will I lose all my layout?

• This is my concern as well - will I lose all of my customizations if I update through FTP?

• No, you won't.

All of the bebuilder content is stored in the database, so if you won't change or remove your database, the layouts will be untouched.

Do not be worry about it - but if you want to be 100% safe, just make a backup of actual betheme directory.

thanks

• Did this work? We also have this issue.

• Hello guys.

I did the steps mentioned by BeTheme support and apparently it worked, I didn't miss the layout changes, I'm testing my external scripts, but otherwise everything is fine.

It's like they said, if you modified something in BeTheme's css, js and similar files, then you might miss something, but other than that, everything is normal.

As a precaution, download the betheme directory on your computer to have a backup, before deleting and uploading the updated theme ok? :)

Thanks!