Critical Error On WordPress After BeTheme Installation

Hi BeTheme team,

I am trying to start a new WordPress website with BeTheme. My website host was able to provide a staging platform for my website, but once tried to install the BeTheme Wordpress zip into the WordPress staging platform, it came up with a Critical Error message.

I then went back to my website host to get some assistance, but they informed me that whenever they were trying to upload the theme via FTP, they kept getting this error:

[02-Nov-2022 21:15:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in C:\HostingSpaces\flightlogics.com.au\staging.flightlogics.com.au\wwwroot\wp-includes\class-wp-query.php on line 3726

They tried reinstalling the WordPress platform, and setting the memory limit to 1GB but it still didn't work. I currently cannot enter the staging platform website as it just shows the critical error message.

How do we fix this issue?

Thank you so much and I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Jeline

Comments

• I encountered the same error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 3221225472 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/ujweb/uj-jp.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5125

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 3221225472 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/ujweb/uj-jp.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-fatal-error-handler.php on line 35

• When I try numerous times to replace the theme file again, it still gives the same error. When I remove the parent theme and keep the child theme, I am able to access the dashboard, but the front page is blank. When I reinstall the parent theme, an error occurs and I can't access the dashboard.

• Hello,

It looks like the problem is with the latest WP version (6.1) and older BeTheme version.

To fix that, you have to get into the FTP, remove old directory of BeTheme and upload the latest one from the themeforest, after that you will get your wp-admin work correctly.

Please be sure that you upload the theme files which are downloaded today.

thanks

• Can you do a step by step on how to do this?

• You can do steps mentioned here:

But, when you will be at the /themes/ directory, please remove the betheme directory before uploading new files.

thanks

• But if I remove the whole directory, will I lose all my layout?

• 3de3de
    edited November 2022

It looks like we have the same issue with our site?

Suddenly we couldn't login to the admin panel, but just 500 Internal Server Error

We went to the wp-config.php file and changed the define( "WP_DEBUG", false ); to true that and now we also get the

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\artar.dk\httpdocs\wp-includes\functions.php on line 5125

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\artar.dk\httpdocs\wp-includes\class-wp-fatal-error-handler.php on line 35

We can't just reinstall as we have a lot of content on the site and nearly ready to use. (Site looks fine, we just can't login to the admin panel - unless we rename the theme... and logon, but then we can't use the theme?)

So how to solve this issue?

• We also get this error when admin panels stop loading

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\artar.dk\httpdocs\wp-includes\class-wp-query.php on line 593

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

• All of the bebuilder content is stored in the database, so if you won't change or remove your database, the layouts will be untouched.

Do not be worry about it - but if you want to be 100% safe, just make a backup of actual betheme directory.

thanks

• So uploaded the updated theme via FTP, just activate it and everything will be back to normal? My custom layout, I mean the colors, texts?

• Hello guys.

I did the steps mentioned by BeTheme support and apparently it worked, I didn't miss the layout changes, I'm testing my external scripts, but otherwise everything is fine.

It's like they said, if you modified something in BeTheme's css, js and similar files, then you might miss something, but other than that, everything is normal.

As a precaution, download the betheme directory on your computer to have a backup, before deleting and uploading the updated theme ok? :)

Thanks!