Theme update critical error

Good day, We just recently updated our betheme and after it gave a critical error 'HTML error 500'

would like to know how we can fix this without losing any of our data

we have disabled the betheme for now till we are ensured there is a fix

Comments

• Hello,

It looks like the problem is with the latest WP version (6.1) and older BeTheme version.

To fix that, you have to get into the FTP, remove old directory of BeTheme and upload the latest one from the themeforest, after that you will get your wp-admin work correctly.

thanks

• edited November 2022

Thank you for the reply,

may i ask if you could be specific please as we do not want to lose any work on the theme or website itself.

not sure if removing the old directory will make us lose any progress but are there any specific files that needs replacing to ensure that its fixed?

• If you refer to data like pages or BeBuilder content inside of them then do not worry about it.

The content of BeBuilder pages is stored in the database, so if you will not touch anything in the range of the database, all of your settings will remain.

If you changed something inside of the php, css, js files of betheme directory then it will get replaced - if you do not use the child theme.

Child theme prevents losing changes made to theme files.

Thanks

• im sorry but i am new with the files and such so still not sure what files you are speaking of sins in the first message you stated we need to replace the old directory with the new one but in the latest message you stated if you replace said betheme directory files it will be changed

• just to clarify as to what what im sayig, so when you say php, css, js will be replaced the way the website looks will be broken the we just need to fix that so only the pages we built will be fine?

• If you are worried about losing the changes, please download (using FTP) the directory of betheme from your sever and then delete it.

After that, upload the latest version of BeTheme (downloaded TODAY from themeforest) and it will work flaweless.

thanks

• Hello guys.

I did the steps mentioned by BeTheme support and apparently it worked, I didn't miss the layout changes, I'm testing my external scripts, but otherwise everything is fine.

It's like they said, if you modified something in BeTheme's css, js and similar files, then you might miss something, but other than that, everything is normal.

As a precaution, download the betheme directory on your computer to have a backup, before deleting and uploading the updated theme ok? :)

Thanks!

• Hello,

I didn't solve the problem yet, can you guys please provide a step by step guide? I am not a developer and I don't know how to remove a directory. I downloaded FileZilla, so I have access to the folders from the FTP, but, I don't know what folder I should remove, neither I know where to download the new theme updated, I need access to it...thank you!

• Hi @InaltumCorp,

The package can be downloaded from ThemeForest, and the directory you should remove is the Betheme folder.

If you need help with that please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• kindly Guide from where we can download updated version of BeTheme.

• Since I can't update the them from WP dashboard as usual, and when I enter your market account page, there's no way also there to download it