Site Broken after latest update

Hi,

I've just updated Betheme and my site is now not functioning. The error log reads:

Constant MFN_THEME_VERSION already defined in /home/ci7dfhvwl3fm/_______/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions.php on line 10

PHP Notice: Constant THEME_DIR already defined in /home/ci7dfhvwl3fm/_______/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions.php on line 182

PHP Notice: Constant THEME_URI already defined in /home/ci7dfhvwl3fm/_______/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions.php on line 183

PHP Notice: Constant THEME_NAME already defined in /home/ci7dfhvwl3fm/_______/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions.php on line 185

How should I resolve this please?

Many thanks

Comments

• Hi,

From what version to which did you update?

Where do these errors appear?

What version of WP and PHP do you have?

Best regards

• edited November 2022

Hi ,

I'm afraid I didn't make a note of the previous version of Betheme, I've updated to 26.6.2.

Wordpress 6.1.1

PHP 7.4.30

The errors above are from the debug log in the wp.config file

This error shows on the Themes page:

"Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete.

Bucklebury Child-Betheme The parent theme is missing. Please install the "betheme" parent theme."

I have reinstalled Betheme, and am now able to see the site, but the Child theme has an error.

• If the problem appears only with a child theme, I will not be able to help.

With that, you should contact your web developer.

Under this link https://support.muffingroup.com/documentation/installation-updates/#child-theme you can read:

Child theme support policy

Using a child theme usually means that you want to modify the core theme files. Any mistake in the code may render the page unusable. Please be careful when performing such actions because our support policy does not cover such changes and we will be not able to help you.

Best regards

• Thank you. I appreciate that. Unfortunately there are other issues in addition to the Child theme, which are resolved when an Elementor theme is activated. All issues have arisen since updating Betheme last night.

• If the website is working fine with the parent theme, it means that some file modifications in the child theme cause it, and we cannot take responsibility for such customizations.

As I mentioned, it would be best if you contact your web developer to indicate what is wrong.

Best regards