Adding more Social Media Icons

Hello,

I'm working on a website and my client would really like to link her Houzz account icon ( http://www.houzz.com/buttonsAndBadges) to the website left header/sidebar. Is there anyway I can get this in with facebook, pinterest, etc? I haven't found a way to modify that area of the template. We are using the BE Interior theme http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/interior/. Thank you 

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Hi,

if you know coding, then you can play with includes/header-top-area.php file because that's the only way to use own icons in header.
  • I want to second the Houzz social media icon request. But, knowing where to go to customize our own icons in the header is good too. Thank you.

If you could add Houzz as an option in the future we would absolutely be grateful. Question I would have is if we made custom edits to includes/header-top-area.php will we have to make sure we don't overwrite it when we update the theme?
  • edited June 2015
    I tried creating a child theme and overwriting the header-creative.php but it did not work. I just tried to hardcode in the icons in a list without the php. I will try and do this with the header-top-area.php file. Thanks!

binyaminmellish the theme file comes with a child theme that you can upload the zip file just like the main theme. You can edit the files in there without having it overwritten by an update :)
  • @binyaminmellish You must remember in which files you did changes because every update will overwrite your modifications. It is not possible to stop this unfortunately if you want to keep updates. You won't lose them only if you will use child theme as @kb0440 suggested because if you modify parent theme files, then you will lose all changes.
  • edited June 2015
    I just have a question about includes/header-top-area.php. Do I just save a header-top-area.php into the child theme folder? where is includes/header-top-area.php?
  • @kb0440 No, you can't save this file in child theme folder because this won't work.
  • I have tried editing the includes/header-top-area.php on a local server. I cannot modify this file at all. I have also deleted everything out of this file and it doesn't seem to change anything. What am i missing? Please help, thanks!
  • If you changed this file and do not see any result, it means you do something wrong. Or you are doing it in the wrong file or it's because of cache.