library slick.js version conflict

Hello Betheme team,

We have been debugging an issue regarding a slider plugin we have installed (from livemesh) and realized that it was loading the slick.js library v1.5.9, the author helped us updating to the latest version and found out that the latest version of this library available in github is the v1.8.1: GitHub - kenwheeler/slick and in the library's official website

The issue here is that Betheme also loads this library but it is loading the v1.9.0 and it is breaking the livemesh carrousel responsive configuration. You can check the issue in this page

My question is: how come Betheme is loading a different version from what is available on the official library website? and please, would you shed some light on how we may resolve this issue on our site?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Comments

• Hi,

We used the version of the slick that was available when we implemented elements that were using it.

As its structure changed between versions, we did not want to affect elements already existing in our pre-built websites and, more importantly, in our client's websites. Also, many of our clients change it by adding custom modifications, and updates could also break that.

I have passed this information to our dev team, and we will take a look at updating it, but it will be a long process to see if it will be possible and how much it would affect websites made with Betheme.

Best regards

• Understood, thanks for your reply Phil.

The strange thing is that the latest slick library available is v1.8.1 and betheme loads the v1.9.0 that version is nowhere to be found now; did the slick.js library author made a revert?

Anyhow, we will be looking forward to any update on this matter to see if we can get our issue solved.

Thanks again for your help.

• There is a possibility that they changed the nomenclature of the versions.

On GitHub, you can see that version 1.9.0 was released five years ago, and their website shows that the newest version is 1.8.1, as you mentioned.

It is strange for us too, but maybe it will clarify when we will proceed to update this.

Best regards

• Hello Phil, I hope this message finds you well.

Just passing by to check on this subject. Maybe do we have any update?

Thanks in advance for your reply :)

• We have it on our to-do list, but I cannot tell when exactly we will investigate this.

I suggest following our changelog, where you can check if we introduced it in the update (or not).

Thanks

• edited March 2023

Perfect, thanks for your reply.

We're looking forward to this update.