Blog Slider No Longer Working (jQuery Error)

edited May 2023 in Blog

The blog slider is no longer working on my client site:

It appears to be a jQuery error in the scripts.js file. Here's the error in the console:

TypeError: undefined is not a function (near '...slider.slick...')

I don't see multiple versions of jQuery being loaded. Please advise.

Comments

• Hello,

Please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

If this will not help, please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you are sending is complete and correct.

Thanks

• Ok. I was able to find the culprit. It's the /betheme-child/functions/theme-shortcodes.php file.

We used the "Coffee 2" pre-built site when creating this website. Can you tell me if that pre-built site included this shortcodes override file? I honestly don't recall if it was included with the pre-built site or if I edited something.

I've disabled this file in the child theme and the error is now gone.

Thank you for your help.

• Betheme package is the same for all pre-built websites, and nothing is added in theme files with demo installation.

In other words child theme, and every modification there were placed either by you or another person who worked with your website.

Best regards

• So none of the pre-built sites use any custom templates in the child theme?

• Child themes are used for theme file modifications, so I am unsure what custom templates you refer to.

You can learn more about the child theme under the following link:

https://support.muffingroup.com/documentation/installation-updates/#child-theme

I can confirm that none of our pre-built websites interferes with the child theme anyhow, and they work properly without it.

Best regards

• Okay. We can close this one up. Thank you for your help.

I've found another issue and am creating a new post for it.