Can't upload SVG images, or edit SVG logo anymore

edited July 2023 in Theme support

Not sure if this happened with last update. Can't upload SVG videos anymore, also can't edit the SVG logo I had previously uploaded. I've tried and the Safe SVG plugins, and also Disable Real MIME Check plugin. Also disabled most plugins to see if there was a conflict.

https://staging-b64c-sunvoltsupplyca.wpcomstaging.com/

Please advise.

Comments

• Hi,

Please go to Betheme -> Theme options -> Global -> Advanced, and ensure that you have SVG files active.

Also, please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

Thanks

• edited July 2023

I have already checked that SVG files upload was checked.

I've disabled all plugins, refreshed the cache, and am still unable to upload SVGs, and the SVG logo is still greyed out.

Please advise.

• Did you try changing your logo in the Header Builder?

As the notifications say, you have a header template active, so options related to the header are inactive, and all changes have to be applied to the header template.

Best regards

• Yes, I can see now that the logo is editable in the header builder, thanks. I still can't upload SVG files anymore. Plugins are all disabled.

Please advise.

• Actually, it was an issue with my finder on my laptop, I had selected to upload image, but had to select "all files" instead...

Problem solved. Hope this helps someone else. Very odd that it started happening now, might have been an OS update.

• I can select it to upload it, but getting this unsupported file error, I've tried 3 of the Safe SVG plugins so far, and none are allowing upload.

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• I sent an invite to [email protected]

and gave access to sftp through the link above

• I did not receive any private messages from you yet.

Did you use the contact form from my previous message?

Did you attach a link to this forum discussion?

Best regards

• I have uploaded two SVG files, and I did not encounter any problems with them.

Are there any extra steps to reproduce this issue?

Best regards