Transparent Footer

Is there any way to make the footer using the foot builder transparent on be theme? Like it is possible on the header builder..

Comments

• Hi,

You need to set up sections in the footer to have no background color.

Best regards

• Yes i've done that - but then the background of the footer is just white. Perhaps there is a another setting somewhere?

• I can do it by setting the background of the site in the BeTheme Options General - but then I don't have the option of using the paralax view - and "cover" doesn't actually cover the footer area depending on how wide the display is... I hope that makes sense.

• Please attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

Thanks

• OK i've made it live:

https://objektivefilms.com/

You can see the footer is transparent, but the background tiles - and I don't want it to do that - I'd like the background be fixed and cover the screen like it would be if I were using a background in a Section..

• In the Footer Options, you should set up the Fixed option.

But I am not sure what "background tiles" you refer to. Can you explain that greater, please?

Thanks

• I've set the footer setting as you've suggested.

How am I supposed to add the background image?

I would normally at it to a SECTION and would choose Paralax, or one of the other settings. But if I do this the footer isn't over the top (which words for the header of course).

If I set the background in Theme Options > Global > General > then it does appear beneath the footer, but the background can't be set to Paralax, and it tiles on narrower page widths, see screen shot attached for this.

I use the Size COVER setting as I want it to cover the page on any page width or height - but it tiles it anyway when I add the background though the Theme options.

position Setting is set to Centre top - repeat, if i set it to Centre Top - no Repeat, then the white page background appears again at the bottom of the page.

The undesired result:

Theme Options - General '- Background & footer options.

• I also don't really want to add the background through the theme settings - as then it sets it as the background on every page including the Privacy Policy, which I don't want particularly,

• I realise I was missing a setting.

Footer Builder - Footer Options - Covers Content

But this only works when I have set the background via Theme Options, otherwise the White footer background is visible when I scroll down with the footer content floating over the top.

• I would actually like the footer to be stuck to the bottom of the page, if possible, so it's not floating over the content.

Essentially, I want it to work the same way the header does. Floating over content - and anchored to top (bottom in the case of the footer), background to cover the entire page - home page only.

• Sorry for all the messages, but in mobile these settings don't make the background cover the page inc footer.

• 1) The settings from your first message are for Footer made with widgets, and options from there do not have an effect on the footer template.

2) If you set up a fixed position, and want to eliminate the white space at the bottom, use the following CSS code:

#Content{
       margin-bottom: 0!important;
    }

Put it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

Best regards

• OK thanks, so that helps, Now I have the background setup in SECTION - not in theme options, Paralax b/g works, but this doesn't work for mobile width - it adds in the white background, even though I think all settings are the same.

So there is no way to have the footer at the bottom of the page? I.e. not hovering over the content.

cheers,

Al

• Please also add this CSS code:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px){
     .mfn-footer-fixed .mfn-footer-tmpl{
       position: fixed!important;
     }
    }

Best regards