Footer: Social Icons - Pop up & remove one part

Two questions about the footer:

1) I have some social media icons located in the footer. By clicking on them, I want them to be opened in a new window / pop-up window. How do I do that? I don't find a function for that.

2) There is a part between the footer (or maybe it also belongs to the footer, seems to be like that) and between the last section. There used to be some widgets but I removed all of them. So this part is now empty, but it's still there. How do I remove this part?

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

Thanks

• Hi, the website is offline and both of these issues need to be solved before the website goes online. And I think these are general problems and not individual, website-specific topics. The screenshot should be helpful to understand the problem - or not? I can also send you private access to the site, as I have done with other issues that could not be resolved through the forum. Would that be an option?

1. Asking for additional features, can't not be called "issues". You are simply asking for additional option to trigger popup on social link link. There is no such option at this moment. If you want to trigger popup on click, you should build custom content using for example Icon Box or button where you can trigger popup on click. There is a couple of videos on our channel https://www.youtube.com/@MuffinGroup showing how to trigger popup on click.
    2. Regarding the space, as @Phil said, link to page is necessary as this might be everything, section padding or margin, wrap, element, plugin, etc... If you can't share details here, simply send us private message as you did it last time.
    1. I have just asked for assistance on how to make the correct setting. So how am I supposed to know that this is an additional feature? The support here is really great, but the beginning of this response is a little rude, to be honest... anyway, so now I understand that this is a feature that doesn't exist yet and it would be great if you could recommend me specific videos concerning how to trigger popup on click, just like Phil always did. There are almost 200 videos on your YT-account and I'm not deep enough into the topic to know which keywords to search for to find the right video concerning this topic.
    2. All right, I'll do so and send a privat link, referring to this post.
    1. You will find a couple of videos on our YT channel, the following video shows how to open popup on click https://youtu.be/MWejMVADLAk
  • Hi,

Sorry, but in the private message, you sent a password only without a username.

Please send another message with complete information.

Thanks

• In the widgets area, you had a widget placed.

I removed it, and now the space should be gone.

Best regards

• Perfect, thank you, Phil!