The BeBuilder is not working.

Hi,

Yesterday, I updated an older WP site (WP 5.9) to the latest WordPress version 6.4.1. I also updated all plugins and the BeTheme. Everything seemed to work well, but now I can't edit the page content because the BeBuilder won't load. When I click on 'Edit with Bebuilder,' I just see a gray background with a blue 'Be' logo and 'Loading builder...' Nothing else happens.

If I open the developer tool and remove the div with the CSS class 'mfn-preloader,' I can see the new builder, but it's completely non-functional. The content isn't displayed, and at the bottom of the page, there's an error message: 'There was a critical error on your website. Please check the inbox of your website's administrator email address for further instructions.' However, I haven't received any email.

Everything is up to date, and in the Betheme's 'System Status,' everything is green.

How can I solve this problem?

Comments

• Hello,

Please turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent and recheck it.

If this will not help, please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• edited November 2023

I had already deactivated the plugins and cleared the cache. But I overlooked the child theme. Now I've deactivated it and the BeBuilder loads. Then, I created an empty child theme folder and activated the empty child theme. After that, I gradually copied ALL the files from the old child theme back into the new folder. Conclusion: The editor works and everything is as before. I didn't make any changes to the child theme.

I hope the BeBuilder keeps working now. At least I know the cause. Thanks for your help!

• Always happy to help.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards