Can't make new pages

edited December 2023 in BeBuilder

I was using a staging site to build our new site with BE. Today I've finished the site and migrated to our actual domain / hosting www.ywamworcester.com

Since I can't add elements to existing pages, pre-built sections aren't added to pages, edit with BE Builder disappeared from Wordpress topbar, and the whole builder is acting weird.

Any ideas about what might be?

Comments

• Hi,

Do you still have access to the staging domain?

If yes, please try to migrate your website again with the Duplicator plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

We used it many times and never had a problem after migrating the website with this tool.

Best regards

• Would re-installing the theme help? I'm not sure how to migrate everything again. Dreamhost has a service that offers the migration.

• Or is there an update coming soon?

• This is what happens: I click on "Insert to your project"

Then it disappears and does nothing.

Sometimes when I click on the "pencil" to edit a page, it takes me to the top of the page and does not allow me to edit it.

• This is what the support from DreamHost said in the chat:

It doesn't seem to work. The worst thing is, the editor stops allowing any type of edit once you try and add a new premade section. I'll try setting up the debugging mode, to see if that catches anything

It does seem to be a problem with the theme, somehow

And it definitely breaks everything when trying to add prebuilt sections

[30-Dec-2023 18:41:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/wp_b387ep/ywamworcester.com/wp-content/themes/betheme/style.php on line 1567

That's the warning that comes up in the debug log whenever you try adding anything

You're more than welcome! When you provide them that error, ask what PHP version the theme works best under, it's possibly related to that

• This could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest.

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard).

After that, get into the license manager once more. If the license key is still claimed - deregister it. If it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard) and try to insert pre-built sections then.

Thanks

• That's not it. I don't have the theme on another site. Also, I receive an error now when I try to update the site. I really don't know what's up.

I tried checking my registration with the envato username, but it says "The purchase code has not been used to register Betheme or the username does not match the purchase code." However, I downloaded the license to fill it in from our account and the Item Purchase Code that is in there. Very confusing. Not sure to go about it in a safe way?

• edited January 3

[removed by moderator]

I have the license under that user name. I can log in and out of ThemeForest, I downloaded the file what contains the purchase code with that user, but I keep getting errors.

• This message:

is exactly it. Please follow the steps I described (with re-registering the license) and the problem will be resolved.

Best regards

PS.

Do not public your license key here, as others can see it.

• The problem is that I can't check the licenses. It says "The purchase code has not been used to register Betheme or the username does not match the purchase code." I can't move beyond that step.

• This is the message I got back from Envato,

Jack (Market) 

Jan 4, 2024, 10:08 GMT+11 

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry about the item issue, please be advised that we do not validate, verify, or register license codes, this is all handled by the author.

Some authors allow deregistration of purchase codes as long as you have a valid reason and follow their requirements - but this is totally upon the author.

If you'd like to read more about getting in touch with the author, we have a great article you can check out below: 

How do I contact an Envato Market author?

I hope this helps. Please do let me know if you have any further questions

• I really don't know how to move forward. I don't have the site that was staged anymore. This was transferred. I have only the current one that is causing these issues.

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard access and your license key privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• I deregistered the license key through Betheme -> Dashboard and registered it again, and everything works.

Best regards

• Thanks a ton! Glad it's working again... I was afraid of unregistering and not being able to register it again as there was the issue with checking registrations.