Minor issues to fix

Hello,

I'm having few minor issues.

1) How can I link a button to a page (either internal to the site or external)?

I tried various solutions but I'm stuck on it. The script is:

<p>[divider height="40"] [button title="Check our pricing plans" link="#" color="theme" large="1"] [button title="Contact us for more info" link="#" large="1"]</p>

It seems it works only with links on the same page but it is not what I need.

I've tried to replace "#" with an url and a shortcode, but it doesn't work. What's wrong?

See attached image "Button link" .

2) How can I link a test to a form using a shortcode (i.e. Read more / [fc id='xxx'][/fc] )

3) How to increase the space between the page's Title and the menu ? It's really sticked each to the other.

See attached image "page's Title"

4) Last question: I noticed that the url of the pages now includes "index.php" (i.e.: https://exclusive-italy.it/index.php/about/ ) and I would like to know if you have any suggestions on how to remove it.

Please note that the site is "under construction" so if you need to check it please let me know so I can send you the credentials privately.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,

1) In the "#" place, you should put a whole link to the page you want. It should look like this: [button title="Contact us for more info" link="https://linktoyourwebsite.com/contact" large="1"].

2) Sorry, but I quite do not understand. Can you explain that in more detail, please?

3) Please go to Betheme -> Theme options -> Header & Subheader -> Subheader, and edit the padding value to increase the top padding.

4) You must edit WP permalinks and remove the index.php from there.

Best regards

• Hi Phil,

Thank you for clarifications.

1) In the "#" place, you should put a whole link to the page you want. It should look like this: [button title="Contact us for more info" link="https://linktoyourwebsite.com/contact" large="1"].

That's ok. But what if I want to open a form (using a shortcode) instead of going to a page? = this is the point 2)

3) ok, thanks, but what the 4 values: - 200px 0 110px 0 = height 200px / ? 0/ ? 110px/ ? 0 - means?

4) ok, thanks.

Thank you.

• 1) For this, you need to use a button element, not a shortcode, and a popup template.

https://support.muffingroup.com/video-tutorials/popup-builder-introduction/

3) It is how you declare padding values in CSS.

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_padding.asp

Best regards

• Hi Phil,

Thank you for all explanations.

I'm still stuck on this point:

1) In the "#" place, you should put a whole link to the page you want. It should look like this: [button title="Contact us for more info" link="https://linktoyourwebsite.com/contact" large="1"].

I've done exactly how you suggested but the link, instead of open a different page, reopen the same page. Can't understand what is wrong.

The solution with the popup template suggested:

""" For this, you need to use a button element, not a shortcode, and a popup template. """

I saw the video but this is a different situation.

I just want to set these two action:

button A): by clicking on the button the action is to open a popup (that I can create as explained in your video) that shows (using a shortcode or a link) the form created with a form pluging (form craft)

button B): by clicking on the button the action is to open a popup (that I can create as explained in your video) that shows (using a shortcode) the form created with a form pluging (contact form 7)

These are different than the simple action of the popup described in your video that allows one action (take advantage of the promotional discount or close the popup).

Thank you.

• That is what you can achieve with the popup builder and button element.

Best regards

• Hi Phil.

Got it!

But: can I use a shortcode of an existing form created with other plugin (Contact form 7 or Formcraft)?

Thanks.

• More clarifications:

Since with the popup builder I understand it is not possible to fix this issue as I need ( the popup builder creates a new form while I already have the form created) I'd like to know if you have any suggestion for this script:

with a shortcode:

button title="Contact us for more info" link="<span lang="EN-US">[contact-form-7 id="4616765" title="Contact us for more info" large="1"]

doesn't work! maybe there is the wrong syntax?!

While with a link works:

[divider height="40"]<p>[button title="Let's design your vacation" link=https://exclusive-italy.it/form-view/3 target="_blank"  color="theme" large="1"]

• Yes, you can. Put your shortcode in the popup template into the Plain text element with the shortcode parser enabled.

Best regards

• OK, I'll do.

• Hi Phil,

I succeed to create the two pop up for the two forms.

Now I'm struggling with the correct syntax to add them to the two buttons. Can you help me indicating the correct one for the two buttons?

<p>[divider height="40"][button title="Let's design your vacation" link="#" color="theme" large="1"]</p>  

Where the link has to be form: [fc id='3'][/fc]

and the popup is: #mfn-popup-template-262  

<p>[button title="Contact us for more info" link="#" large="1"]</p> 

Where the link has to be form: [contact-form-7 id="4616765" title="contactpage"]

and the popup is: #mfn-popup-template-259  

Thank you.

• As I mentioned and showed above, do not use button shortcode, but button element.

Please check the screenshots I sent you and follow the steps.

Thanks

• PS: what is "shortcode parser enabled" ?

• I've done all steps. I can't understand where this "Button" is?

• Hi,

I found it but IT IS NOT MY ISSUE!

I have a button already from the theme template (JET) that I want to mantain and which script is:

<p>[divider height="40"][button title="Let's design your vacation" link="#" color="theme" large="1"]</p>  

Where the link has to be form: [fc id='3'][/fc]

and the popup is: #mfn-popup-template-262 

that is in a "Text column" and NOT an "Element - Button".

So, can you please tell me the script I have to replace "#", considering the indicated shortcode and popup ID?

Thank you.

• This is what I have and wish to maintain but that works by opening the popup:

right button fade in when hover

left button fade in when hover

• Hi Phil,

Forget about all. I'll manage someway.

One thing I wish to say is:

BeTheme is extraordinary and I used it on more on few websites. But, you should put a notice for each kind of link (in the template you offer) as the solutions are many and in different situation and the theme's features are really lots and quite impossible to manage them without a small guide.

Thank you for your time. Have a nice weekend.

• The button shortcode does not handle popup templates. Please replace the shortcode in the Column Text element with the Button element. The demo you used is an old one that uses shortcodes instead of elements, and some of them must be replaced to use newer features.

Best regards

• Hi Phil,

Got it and succeed to come to an end.

I've created two popup and related buttons, on the same page.

One works perfectly, the other shows this message: "We cannot find popup with inserted ID".

I've done all exactly for both and compared each setting and all is correct.

When I set the popup code (#mfn-popup-template-262) it works for the first but for the second (#mfn-popup-template-271) I get the above error message "We cannot find popup with inserted ID".

If I replace it with the popup code of the first one it works but it doesn't with its own.

What is wrong?

Thank you for help.

• Did you set condition for that popup to be displayed across entire site?