Date field that converts to the age of a person

Hello,

My model agency site has people with various attributes I can search on.

Is it possible to add a birthdate field that would convert to the person's current age and then search on that attribute?

Also could I use an age slider for the age range I wanted to search on?

Comments

• Hi,

for that you can use Custom Attributes Swatches. We have explained everything in details in the tutorial below.

• I don't see where it explains how to input a date field that converts to an age that we can then filter on.

Is this possible?

• Hi,

If it is not what Albert suggested, can you provide more detail about what you want to achieve, please?

It would be best if you attach some example websites and/or screenshots showing that.

Thanks

• Our current search/filter system consists of dropdown fields and sliders.

1) We would like to have an "age slider" as shown, however it must be in the form of a date format that automatically calculates the current age of the model and then displays it, which in turn, is used by the filter to select and display the appropriate models. We are currently using Woocommerce product entry for our model entries.

2) If sliders are not possible, can we use some other format to filter by a calculated age field?

3) If sliders are possible, can we use them for the other filter criteria such as shoes, etc?

• Thanks for the explanation.

The sliders are impossible to achieve (at least without an external plugin). However, the swatches that Albert suggested can be used for that. Create a new attribute "Age" set to be a label, and create its terms, e.g., "18, 19, 20, 21, etc." assign these attributes to appropriate models, and with the BeShop Attributes widget display this filter so people will be able to choose age they are looking for.

Just like it was used for Height in the BabyShop pre-built website: https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/babyshop/shop/

Best regards

• Thank you, however we need the age to be a calculated field from the model's birthdate. Otherwise we would have to constantly be manually changing their age on their birthdays.

I've used other theme providers before and would like to tell you that you are the best and fastest in answering questions! So thank you again!

• Can you kindly let me know how to reformat my Wishlist? Please give me a step by step process because I have tried everything.

Here is what it currently looks like.

This is what I want it to look like.

Thank you so much!

• 1) Unfortunately, there is no built-in feature that would allow that. At least there is no such feature in Betheme, and I do not know about any in basic WooCommerce. For that, you would have to use some external plugin or ask your web developer to prepare a custom solution for you.

2) There is no setting to customize the Wishlist page. It is pre-defined in theme files, and its customization would require file modification, for which we do not provide support.

Best regards