Blog single post tweaks (UltimateFAQs clashes)

Hello, my site has regular blog posts and uFAQs, which are FAQ pages managed by the Ultimate FAQs plugin. uFAQs are a special post type but they're not integrated in BeTheme's settings by default.

The stylings for posts in BeTheme affect both my blog single pages and the uFAQ single pages, so I'm trying to work out a way to make both look good.

If I have the navigation arrows in the header there's way too much padding before the content so I disabled those, but there's still quite a lot of padding at the top. I have set it to 0px everywhere I can see in the theme options but can't work out how to remove that last bit (if it's possible). Is it possible?

We don't use Blog Categories/Tags for uFAQs (the plugin has a separate Category/Tag list internally) so it looks incorrect if we have them at the top of the page for the blog single page settings in Be Theme (and I'd prefer them at the bottom anyway, but that isn't an option). It creates empty dropdowns in uFAQ pages. But if I remove Categories/Tags from the header, there's no other way to display a blog post's category/tags anywhere, is there? Can I hide the dropdowns if they are empty, or display them lower down in the page (underneath the post content) so it doesn't matter?

Relatedly, post date is relevant to blog posts but not at all relevant to uFAQs. So I'd rather that was at the bottom of the post and not the top if possible too.

All blog posts on our site have Featured Images but none of our uFAQs do, so if I have the pretty sticky navigation arrows active they look awful for FAQs (but great on the blog posts). Is there a way around this other than applying Featured Images to all of the uFAQs?

Lastly, blog posts take my Blog sidebar as configured in the theme, which is great, but the uFAQs don't take any sidebar by default. Is there a way for me to manually apply a BeTheme sidebar to these posts, or force them to at least take the Blog sidebar too since they're taking the rest of the blog stylings?

Alternatively, is there a way I can style both types of post differently? This would resolve a lot of my worries! Thank you :(

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Thanks

• Thank you Phil; I'm not that keen on posting development links in a public forum. Is there any other way I can send you the details?

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard and privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Is everything correct with your website?

I tried to access it, but it did not work.

Best regards

• Thank you Phil; it's working for me (is it still down for you)?

• Now, when I tried to access your website, I received information that your SSL certificate is invalid, and when I disregard this info, it still gets blocked because the address http://*.wpenginepowered.com is registered as a phishing address.

Best regards

•  http://*.wpenginepowered.com is WP Engine (hosting service)'s placeholder for all staging sites. I have set up a unique subdomain (it should forward) which has SSL installed explicitly; does that help?

• Unfortunately, no, because nevertheless, I cannot access your website. Either I receive an error about the certificate or connection timeout, or it gets blocked and shows me information about the phishing address.

Best regards

• I have sent an updated link by email, as I'm guessing the browser blocking the site outright means you're not getting the new address (which might still be updating via DNS).

• I wrote my message before the person who manages the mailbox forwarded your message to me.

The new domain works, thank you.

However, I could not find the page you described in your first message. Can you tell me where I should navigate, please?

Thanks

• If you append /ufaqs/warranty/ to the URL or browse to Support> FAQs> expand any FAQ> Permalink, you should appear on a single FAQ page which is where the issue I'm having arises. Thank you!

• Firstly go to Betheme -> Theme options -> Global -> Advanced, and hide the content padding.

Moreover, please use the following CSS code:

.ufaq-template-default .section-post-header .post-meta div:not(.author-date){
     display: none!important;
    }
    .ufaq-template-default article{
     display: flex;
     flex-direction: column-reverse;
    }

Put it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

Regarding sidebars, if you do not have our Page Options in this Post Type then there is no option to add sidebars.

Best regards

• Thank you, that's really helpful. Your advice has allowed me to configure most of this the way I want, so this problem can be closed.

• Always happy to help.

If you have any other questions or problems, feel free to ask.

Best regards