Implementing The Events Calendar - Not working

Okay, I have added the plugin just fine. I've created the events. No problem.

But making it look decent on the page is a gigantic headache.

The theme I'm using is dark. There seems to be no way to make The Events Calendar show up well on it. It's basically transparent. So you can barely see the black lettering on the dark gray background.

On top of that, the footer is showing through despite being set to hidden.

Lastly, I cannot remove the header from the events page. I want a separate header image for each page. Other pages I was able to hide the "default" header, create large text, and put a background image. Not the most elegant solution. But it worked. Events. No luck. I cannot change it or turn it off no matter how many ways I try.

Honestly, this builder has been a nightmare. I just want the dang thing to work. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm about ready to give up on this - and I've been building websites off and on for nearly 20 years.

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Thanks

• jonathansnydermusic.com/events

• My apologies for the delay. It's a very busy week.

• I'd like to change the header image so it matches how I've done other pages. Specifically, I'd like to use an image of a hall I often play in.

Adding more dates got rid of the scrolling issue. But, I can't seem to convert it to a dark theme so it shows the list as white. Calendar view has the same issue.

• If possible, I'd like the list to continue to show past events as well as upcoming.

• 1) To change the header image, use the following CSS code:

.post-type-archive-tribe_events #Header_wrapper{
     background-image: url(#)!important; /*replace # with our own image*/
    }

2) Most of the styles come from the plugin, but they can be overwritten with a custom CSS:

.tribe-events-calendar-list *,
    .tribe-events-c-top-bar__datepicker-time{
     color: #fff!important;
    }
    .tribe-common-c-svgicon path{
     fill: #fff!important;
    }

But it would be good if you contact the plugin author to confirm that it is a good approach, and this CSS does not require some improvements.

3)

If possible, I'd like the list to continue to show past events as well as upcoming.

This a plugin configuration question, so you should contact the plugin support regarding this.

Custom CSS can be placed in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

Best regards