Query loop options are greyed out

Hi,

I have created a post with a query loop within a wrap.

After setting the options for the query loop and inserting the content, I cannot change the query loop options anymore, since they are greyed out.

The frame is still marked as purple "Wrap Loop" and I can see the options - but not edit it.

What is wrong and how can I edit those options?

Login would be the same as last time - post has # 2796 "Geschichte - 2023".

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Michael

Comments

• Hi,

Please send us the WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

• Hi,

I did not see a Query Loop on the page you sent the link to, so I created one at the end of it, and everything works correctly.

I have hidden it so as not to interfere with your page layout, and you can check it out.

Are there any extra steps to reproduce this issue?

Best regards

• Additional Note:

on another page I have seen, that in case that the Wrap with an active Query loop

is getting copied, the duplicate seems to have the same, grayed out issue.

Maybe this hint helps?!

• Can you please tell me the name of this page, so I can check it out?

Thanks

• At the moment I have no other example - since I cannot re-produce it.

What is your state about the first page?

• Sorry, but I quite do not understand.

As I showed in the screenshot before, Query Loop works correctly for me on your website.

Can you provide more detail on what you are talking about, please?

Thanks

• Hi,

sorry, I have not seen your answer and querstion.

I still have the issue with this page:

/wp-admin/post.php?post=2796&action=mfn-live-builder

The purple "Wrap Loop" is shown, but I cannot edit it after clicking the "pencil" Icon:

Query loop options on the left keep greyed out:

• It it an inner wrap.

Inner wraps cannot be Query Loops.

Best regards

• That's another nice answer. It seems to me, that's the default answer for every issue I report?!

The thing is, that the query loop does work, but I cannot edit it's settings.

Is there another option to get 2 columns, the first with an query loop and the second (right one) sticky to the top?

Do you have another working solution for that layout?

• By default, the Query Loop option is grayed out for inner wraps. How did you manage to activate it there?

Anyway, it might seem to work, but we disabled it on purpose there as Query Loops caused many problems as we tested it.

To achieve two columns (one with QL and one regular) just use two regular wraps.

Best regards

• I think I have copy / pasted some stuff within the sub-wrap.

In case that I am not allowed to use sub-wraps together wit query loops, I cannot use some of your fancy presets within columns - right?

Your suggestion with two normal wraps works for simple layouts within the left wrap :-)

There is another issue, I am facing with activating query loops for the first time within one page:

the default selection of the "Order by" dropdown is "Date", but it does not sort by date until I change the Order-by value, save it and change it back to "Date". Sounds strange, but I have it every time for a new page.

Thany you for your help!

Regards,

Michael