Muffin BeTheme Options Buttons not showing [on/off toggles buttons missing] [SOLVED]

edited March 2016 in Other
Hi. When I am in the BeTheme Options settings windows, the buttons do not show. They only show when I drag the mouse down to the very bottom and click the mouse at the same time or the top.
Please see screen print attached in this link...

I am using Google Chrome for MAC OSx10.9.4 

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Hi,

unfortunately we are not able to help you in this case because this problem is not related with theme. This problem is between your current system and  chrome version. Try to check this on other computer, or browser and you will see everything will be fine. We have checked this few times on mac and chrome and on our devices everything works fine.

Please maybe try to update your Chrome version because we really have no idea how we can help you with that. We are not able to check it nowhere because we tried many times on different devices and on all totally everything is ok. Then only solution we can give you, is change those buttons into simple checkboxes. If you want change them to checkboxes, then please go to muffin-options\fields\switch\field_switch.php file and replace below line:
    wp_enqueue_script( 'mfn-opts-field-switch-js', MFN_OPTIONS_URI.'fields/switch/field_switch.js', false, time(), true );
    with:
    $custom_css = '.form-table input[type="checkbox"] { float: left;}';
    wp_add_inline_style( 'mfn-opts-css', $custom_css );
  • It's not the browser. I have the theme installed on different environment (one local, one online), and while working from the same computer / browser, on one I can see it, on another I cannot.
  • @buetler So we have no idea what is wrong. Maybe it's a plugin or maybe you modified something because this is for sure not related with theme at all.
  • i have the same problem... but if i change pc or i change browser the problem disappear 
  • @acjp This means the problem must be with the version of Chrome installed on your current computer.
  • This is not true, it is absolutely a problem with your CSS... I made a movie to show you. You need to update your theme's CSS for Muffin Builder.

I am surprised that you think there is nothing that you can do about a custom CSS button that you guys implemented. It's a bug that affects me on every mac and chrome I use, same with Safari which also uses Webkit.

Please fix.

• @rtparker How is that possible then? If you are sure, it's an issue on theme side then how can we recreate this issue on our side? We tried to do this on 3 different mac computers without result because on each, buttons works properly. We tested both of course - Safari and Chrome.
  • this has been an ongoing issue for over 6 months now, but it only happens on Chrome, not firefox or safari, so I just deal with it since it seems like there really is no way to fix it
  • @marius7 This is definitely weird because this happen to maybe 1% of Chrome users. For the whole rest who use Chrome as well, all is ok. So far we tested this on over 20 different computers with Chrome and buttons works fine so this must be something between some systems and Chrome for sure.
  • it's all good @muffigroup - I love your work so I just deal with the small bugs :-)
  • Could it be because of some of our application we use in Chrome? I have the same problem too... 
    I use a lot of stuff like Hootlet, evernote, pocket, buffer, is it possible that some of these makes conflicts directly with the theme? 
  • @MadameCognac We did not tested them so we don't know. You should deactivate them and check if this is a problem.
  • Has this been resolved?? I am having the same issue. 
  • @rlewis612 There is nothing to be fixed here. The problem is on maybe 0,5% of computers with Chrome but we have no idea why. You can fix it only the way we described above.

Thanks for understanding!
  • I have the same issue. I managed to see the button by re-sizing the browser window.
    However this is not a complete solution. 

One thing that comes to mind why this is happening could be the resolution. It has nothing to do with the browser since I manage to see the buttons when the window size is reduced.

Anyone has any long term solutions?
  • @aamitmk We left above long term solution to change button style. In our opinion this must be something on line between browser version and computer but we have no idea what exactly because this is happening to maybe 0.1% of all people. We did checked panel on many different computers and we did never noticed this behave on any of them.
  • I've installed Firefox and everything renders properly. This was somewhat of a solution for me. Still Chrome has problems, but as I mentioned, the button renders if you resize the window (making it smaller, not bigger). Weird occurrence and will I agree with you that it renders properly on a different machine using Chrome.

I could supply you with browser ver, system specs, and graphic settings if you think this can help you with locating the problem.
  • edited November 2015
    You can give us such details of course but we are not sure if we would be able to find anything if the problem can not be replicate on each machine.
  • I have the same problem. OSX 10.11.2, Chrome 47.0.2526.106 (64-bit).
  • @MxAgent If you have the same problem, use the solution we left above or just change browser because there is no other way to change this behave.
  • Same problem here! Last version Chrome on Yosemite... Firefox works OK.
  • Anyone here using Cloudflare, by any chance? I'm wondering if that's causing an issue. 
  • Have the same issue, not using Cloudflare though
  • i had/have this issue too, hopefully this helps the devs: 

THE ISSUE APPERS ON RETINA (mac book pro retina), when i move the chrome browser to my attached non retina display, the toggles show.
  • I have Mabook Pro Retina too. I have been facing same issue over last few months on Chrome browser. My Chrome is up to date without any extensions/addons to conflict with.

Hope @muffingroup will try to test in Chrome on Retina-based Macs as well and see why it is causing such errors.

It works and shows toggles in Safari wtihout any problems.

Regards,

Pema
  • You are right guys. We did checked on MacBook Pro Retina in the past and everything was fine. However, we already tested different resolutions and looks like this is happening in some resolutions only. We need to have a look on it closer now as we are able to re-create this behave on our side.
  • Important!!! We would like to let you know guys that we fixed the problem between Chrome and Retina displays.
  • edited June 2016
    Awesome good to hear. Can you please advise which version this is fixed from?

Can I suggest when it's a fix that you post the version it's fixed from in the forum heading if that's easy enough or on the comment where you're advising that it's fixed.

Keep up the good work!
  • @681webdesign It has been fixed in version 12.3. And thanks for suggestion!