style-static.css

Hi,
I had to turn off the use of style-static.css.
After updating to your latest version of the theme the style-colors.php is empty. I used the one from before the update, but the style-static is doing nothing.
What can I co in order to get this thing working. On your documentation you are referring to style.php and style-colors.php, but it is not working anymore.
Furthermore, may I place the style-static.css file in the child theme?
thanks,
Koen.

Comments

• Hi,

these files does not work anymore. We were forced to change the way of how styles are loading because of Jetpack plugin used by a lot of people. They changed something in 3.7 version and does not care about dynamic css in themes. So now, all styles are loading in header and files like style.php and style-colors.php does not work no longer.
  • Hi,
    so I just turn off style-static in betheme options and everything is OK? There is nothing else I should do? Does this has repercusions regarding site speed?
    thanks,
    Koen.
  • Of course style static works faster then dynamic but since version 9.6 we load all styles in header, it does not take so long to load them when they were in php files. So if you use 9.6 version or newer, then you don't need to do anything else with styles.