Yoast doenst see content made with muffin builder

Hi there,

Im running into a problem. Yoast doesnt see any words or content that is made with the muffin builder.
It keeps saying the page contains zero words, has no images etc. While other pages build with visual composer are not having this problem..

What can i do about this???

With kind regards,

Ashwin

Comments

• Hi,

for that you can use Builder >> SEO feature. More details about this feature you can check on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1080/search-results-don-t-take-care-of-shortcode-content

Thanks!
  • Dear muffingroup,

Today i found something significant for the way google index your website made with this theme.
    If you use YOAST, and use the Builder >> SEO feauture and you turn on Hide The Content (hide the content from the WordPress editor) Google doesnt index the info you filled in in YOAST!!.

I found the problem when i checked a website i previously made (2 months ago) to see how google indexed the website. I followed the instructions of the previous message, and i thought it supposed to get a good ranking eventualy because of the green dot.

When i saw the search results for the website:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=flashhair&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=ZEGOVoWFC8KcPNb9gbAM

I noticed that the description is NOT THE SAME as i filled in yoast on the home page.
    It looked like google made his own description.

In the BE THEME OPTIONS you have the option under SEO >> General:
    Use built-in fields
    Turn it OFF if you want to use external SEO plugin.

I never noticed this option, but if this is turned ON google does nothing with the information you filled in with YOAST, even if you have a clean xml sitemap and let it be fetched by analytics.

I turned this option off and requested in the analytics panel to fetch my sitemap again.
    I think i will get the wanted search results, i filled in YOAST.

Think this is significant for the other users of your theme because i work with your theme for a long time, and this is the first time i noticed this BIG PROBLEM with SEO.
    I hope this is usefull.

With kind regards,

Ashwin
  • But this is not a problem of course and this is how exactly this feature supposed to work. When you activate "Hide the content", the content from wp editor is visible for plugin purposes only so it's good. For the Google, is visible the content of Muffin Builder. It would be stupid to allow Google to index both (Muffin Builder and WP Editor) while they got the same content.
  • This is not what i ment.. The feauture works fine with hiding the content of the wp editor. The problem is when you have the option turned on in the BE THEME OPTIONS under SEO >> General:
    Use built-in fields
    Turn it OFF if you want to use external SEO plugin.

When this option is turned ON everything you fill in YOAST doenst get indexed...............................
  • Yes, this is true because when you use built-in SEO fields, it is not possible to use any external SEO plugins. And this can not be changed unfortunately at this moment.
  • Well you can turn off the SEO fields right, to use an external plugin such as yoast. So thats what i did.
  • Yes, you can of course. External plugins like Yoast or All in One SEO can be used only when built-in seo fields are off.
  • edited January 2016
    I was going to add a comment, but I think I might have found my answer here: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1080/search-results-don-t-take-care-of-shortcode-content
  • I am using Yoast SEO.  The plugin says that my homepage doesn't contain any tex or images.

bestwebsiteworks.com
  • Did you used Builder >> SEO option? If not, please check the topic which is just above your comment.
  • Hey! A sitemap of a client also tells:
    0 images because of the page builder. There must be a solution for that in the future! 
    This is not seo friendly, when we tell google there are not images. 

We did check off the SEO Option!

Thank you! 
  • @maldehelmhold You need to use Builder >> SEO option to make the content visible for Yoast. For more details about it please visit http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1080/search-results-don-t-take-care-of-shortcode-content
  • No, that's no solution! Still 0 images in the sitemap declared. And
    it's also no solution because we want to use yoast and not your feature!

Please review this! Install Yoast, add images through page builder, you'll see it's not working. Either way: Builder >> SEO off and on. Will both  not work for images in the sitemap!!!

• @maldehelmhold If that's not the solution, then we do not have any other solution for you. And yes, Builder >> SEO is the only option that moves the content from the Muffin Builder into default WP Editor. Yoast reads only the_content() and that's why if you want the content to be readable by Yoast, it needs to be put under default WP editor section. The content of Muffin Builder is stored in post_meta but Yoast does not read those fields unfortunately. And it's not true that Google don't see those images because Muffin Builder content is visible for Google of course. It's not visible for Yoast only because like we told you above, this plugin see the content from WP default editor only.