YouTube videos won't play on iPhone

Even after updating to the latest version of the BeTheme, YouTube videos won't play on iPhone. I've tried the video builder element, a plugin with an embed shortcode, and even the raw embed code from YouTube. Still can't click on the video to play it. Here are four different samples of YouTube videos that won't play on iPhone:

http://unicogroup.com/video-test/

Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• I copied the site on a staging server and get the same result even if I disable all plugins. I can get the raw YouTube embed and plugin shortcode to work if I enable the default theme. So it's definitely a BeTheme issue at this point.
  • Hi,

we can not agree with you unfortunately. The problem is definitely related with your iPhone because we did checked above site on 3 different iPhones and the videos plays nicely. We did not noticed anythnig wrong at all.
  • edited March 2016
    Assuming you're using Safari on iPhone (the default browsers) can I ask what version of Safari you have on your phone? As I said, if I switch to the default theme, the videos play fine on my iPhone.
  • I can get the videos to play on an iPad with Safari 5, but have tried iPhones with Safari 7 and 9 and the videos won't play when I have the BeTheme turned on. Even a version of the BeTheme with all plugins deactivated.
  • Please send us dashboard access privately and we will check it ourselves.
  • I've sent all details privately. Thanks.