issue full height background image on mobile

edited June 2016 in Theme support
Hi there,

I've added a full height row with parallax effect. Now on desktop the full height works fine, yet on mobile the background image is shown at a huge size. Which settings should i use for the row?
I have:
ROW SETTINGS - general:
- stretch row
full height row? yes
columns position: middle
parallax: simple
parallax speed: 1.5
ROW SETTINGS - Design options:
background image set to cover

Thanks! Ed'

Comments

• Hi,

do you mean that background image on mobile is not responsive or what? Would be great if you can send us screenshots of what you mean along with link to page where you got a problem.

Thanks!
  • edited June 2016
    I understand, but i can't upload attachments i believe?

You can check the issue out @ http://testze.lassooydesign.nl/home-vc/

If you scroll down you see an image i compiled with the issue

On desktop the background image is zoomed a bit (making it unsharp) and on mobile this background image is huge.

Cheers!

• http://pasteboard.co/1piolbdN.png - this is how it looks like. And this is how VC's backgrounds supposed to work. We are sorry but you can't change this.
  • edited June 2016
    Is that on iphone? I can replicate your screenshot by shrinking my browser window on desktop but not on mobile.

Because when i check it, it looks like the image i mentioned earlier. (New link @ http://pasteboard.co/1pEo5pI3.jpg)
  • Yes, it looks exactly the same on mobile devices. We checked on Samnsung and iPhone and it doesn't look like on your screenshot.
  • edited June 2016
    What exact url did you check? Cuz i just get a huge blown up image on iphone.

Cheers, Ed'
  • edited June 2016
    Hi,

The screenshot you mentioned in the pastebin has a different header+logo style then the url you say you checked.
    Could you please recheck, cuz i just get a huge blown up image on iphone 4 and 5.

Thanks.
  • It has a different color because as we can see, you switched to VC plugin. Everything was fine where you were using Muffin Builder. However, we do not have any impact on how VC works (this plugin does not belong to us) and there is nothing what we can do to change this behave unfortunately.
  • edited June 2016
    I started this thread because of the issue with VC..I showed the differences @ http://testze.lassooydesign.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/parallax-issue.jpg

Can you can ask it at the VC-forum? As I cannot start a support thread @ VC-support, cuz the plugin is sold along with the theme. So i don't have a license key..the irony.

Cheers, Ed'
  • @teubl We may forward this question to plugin's author privately only. However, we know from experience that they do not answer on questions that we ask for clients. Please also notice, that it does not mean that we can ask them for a support only because we bought few extended versions of their plugin. Extended version doesn't mean that we can create unlimited number of websites. We are only allowed to include plugin into theme. Anyway, like we wrote, we can pass this request to them and that's it. But if you would like to talk with about that that, you should buy license from author and they you would be able to talk with him about your suggestions as we are pretty sure that this is how it works and there is no option to change this background look.
  • Hi,

I'd appreciate it if you'd ask the question to the VC author. I bought the theme with VC-plugin expecting it functions as it should. As it's not that it's a strange feature i'd like to implement, but something in the plugin that normally should work fine yet isn't working correctly - on mobile device.
    Perhaps it's just an option i overlooked? I don't know. But when a plugin author points at a theme author and vice versa, not much is happening :/

Thanks, Ed'
  • Any news on this? Thanks
  • No, we didn't get any information about it.
  • Hi there,

case isn't resolved, but it can be closed. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.