[SOLVED] Muffin Builder and Paid Memberships Pro compatibility issue?

edited June 2016 in BeBuilder
Hi, @muffingroup and BeTheme users!

I searched for answers for this issue but just found something at the Brandon Theme forum - wich I can not access to see the answer because I am just registered for the BeTheme forum... so I will do basically the same question of the user Fish223 at Brandon forum, ok?
Has anyone used the Paid Memberships Pro plugin with the BeTheme Theme Muffin Builder?  When I build webpages using the Muffin Builder, PMPro's Members-Only content functionality does not work (all content is still visible to non-members on the frontend).
I really need to do it works. Please, I will appreciate any help. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

we did never tested this plugin so we can not answer on your question unfortunately. But maybe someone else did and would be able to help you.
  • edited June 2016
    Hi, @muffingroup.

Unfortunately I believe that none of BeTheme users here in the forum found the solution to this problem yet.
    By the way, I realized that some users are experiencing content protection issues when using any membership plugin together with Muffin Builder for over a year.

In discussion of May/2015 user @l9ucc already faced this kind of problem with WP Simple Membership (http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/5637/wp-simple-membership-issue/).
    In April/2016 user @jgabrio also faced the problem using Woocommerce Membership (http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/15709/target-content-in-muffin-builder/).

In the discussion of December/2015, users @piratagua and @livinlife (using PaidMembershipsPro and other membership plugin like WP Simple Membership) have faced the same problem and are still unresolved (http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/11463/restrict-content).
    Note that this same discussion the user @pingram3541 gives a hint of the problem, bringing as a stopgap solution using Visual Composer rather Muffin Builder (which MB is one of the great differential of BeTheme and one the reasons we like to use it).

And more recently user @erkdahl is also facing this problem (http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/16948/conflict-with-simple-membership-plugin/).

So it is clear that the problem is the incompatibility between the Muffin Builder and several membership plugins and not only one.

Let it be clear that I understand that the Muffin Group developers team have many responsibilities, new patches and add-ons all the time and maintain a weekly update - as you do - it's really not an easy job.
    But note that this is a request that has been going on and increasing for more than a year but has not received a solution. :(

Please, we'd like you look at us and try to solve this problem, including warning us where on the "to do list" this request is so that we can at least have an idea of when we might have a solution.
    And needless to say this, but the correction of this limitation would bring more users to this theme that I think is the best I've used in years and would only further improve.

I do not want you to think I'm going full responsibility for you, okay?
    I am in contact with PaidMembershipsPro team also to see if they can do something to help us solve this problem. If they present a solution, even if palliative, certainly I will share with all here because you and I understand that it is of general interest. ;)

Hoping that no one judge me arrogant person who wants to create confusion and making sure that you will look with more affection for this our need, thank all the attention paid ever had.
    I am looking forward to news.
    Best regards,

Fabiano Gabilan
    (São Paulo, Brazil)

P.s.: excuse me if my english contains some errors and I hope you all can understand my message.

• Sure, we understand, however we have more important stuff that needs to be done first. And telling us that few users had a problem with that plugin won't change anything as this plugin is still not as popular as other things are that we must sort first. So if we finish current features (currently we have over 500 of them) we will consider above plugin but so far it's not possible because of lack of time and the low number of people using this plugin.

Thanks for understanding and for such detailed description :)
  • Hi, @muffingroup!

Thanks for the quick reply (as always!).

Maybe the low number of users is not related to the use of this plugin (which is among the leading and most complete in the membership category) but the use of it applied to BeTheme.
    A year ago were about 100 stuffs on the "to do list" before you can consider it; today there are more than 500!
    I'm sad to read this because it seems there will always be more important things in front of this our need.

I hope you can see that the number of people with these problems between Muffin Builder and any membership plugin (PaidMemebershipsPro, WP Simple Membership, Woocommerce Membership and today appeared another user with problems, now using the S2 Members) is growing and that can effectively put this issue on the stuffs "to do list".

I am sure that you continue to do the excellent work they already do, hoping that soon more this issue will be solved.
    Hey! Ho! Let's go!
    Thanks again,

Fabiano Gabilan
    (São Paulo, Brazil)
  • edited June 2016
    I don't use that plugin but if you have a way to get me a copy I can take a look at it.

It's very unlikely the modification will be on the theme side but rather the plugin and it really depends on how the plugin is built as to whether a child-theme function can "filter" or "modify" the restriction mechanism or a plugin core override is necessary.

In any case, once a solution is figured out you can reach out to the plugin authors so they can accommodate restricting content outside of "the content".

p.s. I don't work for muffin group so I can't promise anything of course.  If it's not complicated I'm glad to help.
  • Hi, @pingram3541!

Thanks a lot for your reply!
    The plugin is PaidMembershipsPro (https://wordpress.org/plugins/paid-memberships-pro/) and whether to use it in the free or paid version the issue occurs.

Although I have charged a help of theme developers, now what you said makes sense.
    I'm also talking to PaidMembershipPro support and they gave me now this code to put on my functions.php betheme child-theme: https://gist.github.com/strangerstudios/d605744f483087ff9526

And the problem seems to be related to priors (but I don't know if I understand correctly).
    According an user, that looks like this code worked with Beaver Builder on a theme with he uses, but for me at BeTheme is not working with Muffin Builder.

You don't need to promise anything, @pingram3541!
    Just the fact that you came here to give your opinion and try to help makes me more confident that we can find a solution!
    Best regards,

Fabiano Gabilan
    (São Paulo, Brazil)
  • edited June 2016
    The code mentioned by me above is this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

function init_pmpro_membership_content_filter_later()

{

remove_filter('the_content', 'pmpro_membership_content_filter', 5);

remove_filter('the_content_rss', 'pmpro_membership_content_filter', 5);

remove_filter('comment_text_rss', 'pmpro_membership_content_filter', 5);

add_filter('the_content', 'pmpro_membership_content_filter', 15);

add_filter('the_content_rss', 'pmpro_membership_content_filter', 15);

add_filter('comment_text_rss', 'pmpro_membership_content_filter', 15);

}

add_action('init', 'init_pmpro_membership_content_filter_later');

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Try this https://gist.github.com/pingram3541/6c862d72ea6f8d4f6576073d60c971ba and save it in your child theme page.php

Seems to work on a basic level.
  • Hi, @pingram3541!

First of all, thank you for your effort!
    Initially, I have good news: it seems that really your proposal is working!
    Now I will do various tests (with various types of Muffin Builder contents and various categories of memberships) and if all goes well, I'll let you know here as soon as possible.
    Once again: thank you!
    I wish you a great weekend!
    Talk to you soon,

Fabiano Gabilan
    (São Paulo, Brazil)
  • Yep, maybe make it a simple free plugin on wp.org  Thx for reporting back.
  • OK, @pingram3541!
    I'm doing a lot of tests and I believe monday or tuesday I come back to report you the results.
    Thanks!
  • Hey, @pilgram3541!

I had a health indisposition these days and for this I have not given a feedback about the tests with your code. I will be doing the testing now and as soon as possible I'll let the results here, okay?
  • edited June 2016
    No worries, I'm in no hurry for anything just glad to help.  Hope the health situation is doing much better =)
  • Hi, @pingram3541!

Finally I ended the tests and I just have to say one thing: THANK YOU!!!
    Thank you a lot for the effort to fix this issue. It's working simply fine and perfectly!!!
    Once again: thank you!

Brazilian vibes,
    Fabiano Gabilan
    (São Paulo, Brazil)
  • Glad it worked out.  =)
  • hi pingram3541, do you have a solutions also for Simple Membership?

till now i solved the problem using wordpress editor but it is a problem to build complex pages :-(

thank you!
  • edited December 2018
    hi all !
    okey the problem is that member's plugin can't see muffing Builder's code. so all yout posts, pages… can't be hidden with those plugins when you use the muugin Builder.
    In my opinion, the solution is to use another Builder for creating posts and pages….like visual editor, classic editor or the new Gutenbirg.
    Personnaly i'm trying another multipurpose theme (avada) and it seems is good working with members plugin
  • Aboumalak,
    Sorry, but we did not test this script/plugin with the theme. Our policy
    states that we do not support third party plugins or custom code so
    unfortunately, we cannot be of any help to you.
    Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support.
    You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:
    https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

thanks