masonry view on shop

Hi, thanks for implementing a masonry view for the shop!
Two questions:
-
 Are you guys gonna add the possibility to remove the short description?

- I think I found a bug when using a sidebar in the shop. There is space to show 3 columns of products, but it only shows 2 columns.
Here is a screenshot:

Thanks for all the good work!
Koen.

Comments

• Hi Koen,

1. You can remove expert using below css but then it will look the same way as regular shop layout:
    .woocommerce ul.products li.product .excerpt, .woocommerce-page ul.products li.product .excerpt { display: none !important; }
    2. Please send us url to page where this happen and we`ll have a look on it
  • edited November 2014
    Finally had time to take a look at this.
    I just installed betheme 5.2 and I still have issues with the masonry shop. There are only two columns of products where there is place for three.

And when scaling the window various problems pop up. This is with and without hiding the short description through css:

When hiding the short description it will eventually not look the same as a regular shop. Because the products of the thumbnails will vary in height, but stay the same in width. Much like pinterest.

The reason I want to hide the short description, and actually if possible perhaps the name and price of the product, is that I want a clear focus on the image products. Those short description are more or less the same for every product, because that's what it is.

And yet one other thing, sorry :-)
    When loading a masonry page the products are visually loaded. But then an (to me unneeded) animation happens where the whole products are redrawn from the top left corner. It looks a bit messy. Is it possible to turn that animation off?

Thanks for looking into this and for all your hard work!

Koen.
  • Sorry but as we see you have 3 columns, not 2. This is how we see it http://snag.gy/NwFKK.jpg

As you wrote, when you remove description this will look the same as regular shop. This is how masonry works with our theme. But you talk about something else (different images size) what is not possible at this moment.

This a animation that show products from left corner can't be activated at this moment. This is how masonry works. We'll think about it while future updates.

Thanks for understanding!
  • edited November 2014
    Hi, thanks for your quick answer.

So, with masonry, as it is implemented now, something like this is not possible?
    All images have same width but a various height.

Are you planning on adding this function? Because this way I would still have to add padding on the side of my images in order to view the images completely. To me, this masonry way does not have any added value over the normal shop view.

Further more, I'll be damned. When I open up my staging area, the masonry has indeed 3 columns. In chrome as well as safari :-) So, sorry about that.

All the best.

• Hi, just wanted to let you know that images with same width but various height just work with your implementation of masonry:

The only thing now that bothers me really is that unnecessary animation each time one opens up a page with masonry. If I could just get rid of this :-)
  • Sorry but this animation unfortunately can't be turned off. We'll think about it but at this moment it is not possible at all.
  • No problem, I will wait.
    Keep up the good work !