Error: 413 Request Entity Too Large

Hi - I have BeTheme installed on a website http://1dc.8f5.myftpupload.com/  and am getting an error every time I try to edit a post:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/wp-admin/post.php

does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in
the request exceeds the capacity limit.

Here's what I have done:
  1.  thought it was the hosting company and filesize restrictions so i literally changed hosts
  2. now on a wordpress hosting plan with godaddy - transferred the site over and encountered the same error
  3. called godaddy support and they added a .user.ini file and upped the size - still happened
  4. disabled all plugins cleared all cache, used different browsers - still happened
  5. disabled theme and voila - i could make a change (all i am trying to do is change some text)
  6. uninstalled betheme and put up a new version and enabled it again - same error

Could you please help? I think I have done everything I can do and I am at a  loss of how to fix this!

thanks,

Lisa

Comments

• Hi Lisa,

please go to Appearance > System Status section and check if everything is fine there. If it's fine, please send us link to file with phpinfo() on server where you got a problem so we can have a look on it.

Thanks!
  • You must have errors in the section we mentioned above because for example max_input_vars is 1000 while should be minimum 10000. You need to contact with your admin to sort these issues.
  • hi max input vars has been set 10000. still is happening. i have it set to this in the wp-config.php file:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

it does not show in the system settings page though and is in red:
    WP Memory Limit: [?] 40 MB - We recommend setting memory to at least 128MB

Whatever i try to do i get this error:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
    /wp-admin/post.php

does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in
    the request exceeds the capacity limit.

i would like someone there to login to my site and see what is going on. where would i send a private login / ftp info? i really need this site to work!
  • Please contact with your admin and ask for more memory because this could be the reason. You must increase memory first to check.
  • http://1dc.8f5.myftpupload.com/info.php

it has been set already - everything is in the green on my system settings page
  • could it be muffin builder? i can change text set in the normal content WP area but anything i do in muffin builder sets off the error:

Request Entity Too Large. The requested resource  /wp-admin/post.php  does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

here is a screenshot of system status in wordpress dashboard

• This is not true. Your settings are still wrong what you can see on http://snag.gy/eH7DM.jpg - the same values must be for local and master. As you see, your local value is 10000 but master is still 1000 and this is the reason why muffin builder does not save.
  • I am having this issue now as well. 

Here is a screenshot of the values. I have upped everything to an absurd amount to try and assure the limits aren't being reached.

I spoke with Godaddy and we tried several different things to fix this. We tried a users.ini file with the limits increased and we also tried the php.ini files with limits increased as well. Not sure what we are supposed to do at this point.
  • @dantef Maybe you have SUHOSIN extension installed then?
  • I am having this issue too, but I believe that my max_input_vars is already at 10000.  

This issue happens when I try to 'Update' my homepage.  I am able to 'Update' other WP pages without getting this error. 

I have been updating this homepage for a while with no problem, and now all of a sudden there is a problem. Please help

My site is: fuelyoursoulfoods.com 
  • @fuelyoursoul Please send us dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to let us know what for the access is.
  • I am experiencing the exact same issue with a Home Page of mine. It had been made and created and edited for years and all of the sudden it is throwing an error. 

My php info query shows that all of my variables are set appropriately. The domain is www.eyechronic.tv I can provide more information if necessary.

www eyechronic tv / phptest.php is where the results are located.

max_execution_time120120
    max_file_uploads256256
    max_input_nesting_level6464
    max_input_time120120
    max_input_vars100000100000
    memory_limit768M768M
    open_basedirno valueno value
    output_buffering00
    output_encodingno valueno value
    output_handlerno valueno value
    post_max_size128M128M
  • @eyeconictv Please go to theme folder, create php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us link to that file so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is related with those limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link.
  • Actually what had happened is the home page had a HOST of extra custom_field entries that were duplicates of previous entries, there were over 100 more than likely.

After I deleted all of the duplicates and left the ones that were unique, I was able to save the page instantly.

I have no idea what or who could have caused this. I haven't updated the website in over a year so there is no telling.
  • @eyeconictv That's very weird but we have no idea what happened exactly. This is first time we met with something like that. Anyway, we are glad that all is fine now.
  • Hi, I'm having the same issue. 
    Here are the results from my phpinfo:
    post_max_size250M250M
    max_execution_time50005000
    max_file_uploads2020
    max_input_nesting_level6464
    max_input_time50005000
    max_input_vars1000010000
    memory_limit90M90M
  • @petrini Please go to theme folder, create php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us link to that file so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is related with those limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi, I have exactly the same issue. With the same problem. I sent you the link via the form. 
    Actually I had the problem during automatic installation and workaround it with FTP upload of the folder.