Show Blog Posts by Tags

edited December 2016 in Blog
Hello!

I have a food blog and I want to design a single page where all my recipes are organized by tags. So I would tag my recipes with the tags chicken, broccoli, pumpkin and so on. On the single page I want to have kind of a accordion where it says "Chicken" and when you click on it you see all posts/recipes that are tagged with chicken. Same for broccoli, pumpkin,... Is this possible in Betheme? If yes how can I do it? If no can I make this with a custom code?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

we are sorry but we do not have an option to display posts by tags unfortunately.

Thanks!
  • Are you considering to add this as a feature in the future? Or do you know any Plugins that can do this?

Thanks!
  • We do not have such plans yet but if we finish all current updates and features, we will consider your request as well.
  • Hello @muffingroup

I just saw that here: http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/tag/wordpress/ you have displayed only blog articles with the tag wordpress. This is exactly what I want to do with some food tags for my foodblog. For example I want to display all blog articles with the tag "chicken" on a page. You created the page with betheme, or? So it should also be possible for me if I am right?

Thanks
  • But we didn't created those pages. Such pages are being created automatically by WordPress. We just made regular blog page and nothing else.
  • Okay, now I understand and I also found the automatically created page(s) on my homepage. Now my question would be: is there any way how I can edit those pages with Betheme? I see that I can edit the description of the tag and below that it says "In some themes the description is visible, in others not". I can't see the description in the page of the tag. Is there any way to make it visible?
  • We are sorry but these pages are not editable. Because pages are being created automatically, we do not have no influence on editing them unfortunately.
  • Okay, thanks. I read on various Internet sites that it would be possible to make the description visible on the /tag/ and /category/ pages with small changes to files like archive.php!
    This would be the code:
    <?php if (is_tag()) { ?><?php echo tag_description(); ?><?php } ?>
    But I can't find the archive.php file?

If you ask yourself why I want to do this: I have seen that many people rank very good with those tag pages or category pages on Google. But in order to get it working properly, I need to add a custom description at the top of the /tag/ or /category/ pages.

• We do not have the file like archive.php because we don't need it. However, if you would like to create it, please take a look at https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Archive_Index where it was explained how to create such file.
  • I created it but it didn't work the way I want. The tag pages just looked like the new archive page and they didn't look like the normal tag pages in Betheme anymore. I just want the normal Betheme /tag/ page with the description that you can enter in Dashboard->Posts->Tags displayed. Can you please tell me where in the .php files of Betheme it is organized how the tag pages look?
  • archive.php file should be based on index.php file so if your file doesn't look as you want, it means you did something wrong. Please notice that what you ask for, requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact with your web developer.
  • Ok, thank you for your help. I will consider to contact a web developer then. I will also put this into the suggestions for future updates thread. When using "Blog" in Muffinbuilder you can choose to display only a single category. If I could choose a single tag I would have what I want! :-) Would be even better than working with the pre built Wordpress /tag/ pages for reasons of customization.