Fixed full width menu problems

On my site golf2win.co.uk I have a fixed menu at the top which flickers when I move the mouse over it. Also, the links in the menu don't show unles I scroll the page, when the sticky menu kicks in.

Can this be fixed as it looks awful and so unprofessional.

TIA for any help

Comments

• Also, the sticky menu flickers when I move the mouse over it. I am using the very latest build of the theme V17 and Wordpress 4.7.2, thanks
  • Hi,

1. We didn't noticed anything flickering in your top bar and we checked your site on several different computers and browsers already.

2. Your menu items are the same color as background and that's why items are invisible until scroll. So if you want to make them visible, you should decide if you want to change menu items color and background and just do it under Theme options > Colors section.
  • I have tried that, nothing seems to change

• Have you tried to log out of the admin and test the page not logged in ?
  • I have, yes. Though I think it may be Chrome causing the flickering on my Mac.

I have tried to change the font colour on the menu but it is still white and I cannot see the menu text at all :(

Any tips? TIA

• Sorry but this flickering may be caused by many different things, have you tried disabling any additional plugins you installed?

For the menu go to theme options>colors>menu and change the link color in te menu section.

Let us know if this helps.
  • I think the flickering is definitely the browser.

Sadly changing the link colour in the theme options>colors>menu makes no difference at all.

It works fine if you scroll the page a little, the links appear but not on the static fixed menu.

A bit strange and very annoying!
  • I see where the problem is, it's your custom CSS. You have set the color of the links to white. Either delete this section of the code or change the color within it. Here is the code you have to look for
    @media only screen and (min-width: 1240px) {
    #Top_bar:not(.is-sticky) .menu > li > a { color: #fff; }
    }
    Color #fff is equal to white.
    #000 is white
  • Lovely, thank you so much - not sure what cheeky so-and-so put that in there!!!