Demo content

Hi Muffin Team,
I bought your theme. It is very nice.
Can I import parts of pre-built websites individually. For example the background from voyager and images from this site and this part´s mixed with my site?
Kind Regards
Patrick

Comments

• Hi,
    You cannot import parts of your website, only the full website.
    thanks
  • Hi,
    The answer confuses me a little. In a previous discussion you have written the following
    "Hi,
    Yes, you would have to install another instance of wordpress and
    import a prebuild website. Then go to your page and export the page
    with the muffin builder. After that just import the page on another
    site.
    thanks"
    I would like to try but i don´t anderstand a instance of wordpress.
    Can i use the child theme? There i import a pre-buil site and than i copy the parts i want to use in my parent site.
    Kind Regards
    Patrick
  • No, I was talking there about importing/exporting a whole pre-build page in muffin builder from one wordpress installation to another. You cannot copy sections.
  • a pity, the possibility about the child theme does not work then also?
  • edited March 2017

• I don't quite understand, ho would a child theme help?
  • Hi,
    i think so, i import a pre-built page in the child theme,there I edit my desired style and then i copy this in the parent theme.
    Please do not laugh, since I have no idea of the programming :-)
    Actually I would
    like to copy only individual pictures and individual parts for example
    the curved line over the footer in the Voyager Theme

Kind Regards
    Patrick
  • Wen creating a new site, it is better to use a child theme because you can overwrite files and they will not change when an update comes.

• okay, thank you
  • Hello patricksuhl ,

This update has been requested NUMEROUS times on this forum: The ability to import a single page, simultaneously from the demo site that way we can use it as a template or use it to learn how to recreate a particular customization.

As of now when whenever you go to 'import demo data' option it changes all current customization settings and creates unwanted pages, and pictures. I researched hi and low and I have finally have discovered a temporary fix for this issue. As we wait for our diligent developers update us with a make a permanent solution:

You simply need to create and additional and WordPress installation via a staging site.
    You can do this in very easy two ways: Through your hosting provider, mine is GoDaddy and they charge monthly for the service.

So I chose to do it via the free WP Staging plugin. I worked like a charm. Simply install and VIOLAyou have a brand new site with Wordpress and BeTheme already installed. Now you can learn, practice, and upload/delete demo content as much as your heart desires. You don't have to worry about losing your setting because this site is completely separate.

When you are satisfied, simply copy the muffin builder template export from the staging site and paste it into your real site.

Your Welcome.  :)
  • Hi Asanwa88,
    i would like to try this possibility now. Thank you for your help :-)
    Patrick