How do I create a full-width section without Muffin Builder?

Hi,

I purchased this theme about a week ago and cannot seem to figure this out. I'm trying to create a full-width section without the Muffin Builder. (Ex: The "Developer Theme" http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/developer/). I have the theme set to full width and have also tried to increase the grid max size to 1920px. I just want the background color/image to be full width, not the content. 

I know I can accomplish this via Muffin builder (not a fan), but the builder isn't as efficient as just using code/shortcodes. Is there something I am missing? Another thing, I'm assuming I cannot create a parallax section without using the builder?

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,
    You cannot create a full-width section without the builder. 
    The parallax is also available only in the builder.
    The list of all shortcodes can be found here:
    thanks
  • So do I need to create the entire page with the builder, or is it possible to create those special sections with the builder and add them?
  • I do not understand you, I gave you the link to all of the shortcodes and as you can see you can do what you want with the builder.

Basically what you said is 'do I need to use the builder or do I use the builder'
  • I'm well aware of the list of shortcodes. It's clear that there are certain things that cannot be accomplished using only shortcodes. 

What I'm asking is can I create a template for a section (lets just say a full-width parallax section) and then place that into an existing page where I used only code/shortcodes. 

Reason I ask is because I've already built all my pages, but I cannot style certain sections like I want to without using the builder. And I really don't want to start from scratch. 
  • What you can do, and this is the fastest way, install another instance of betheme in another directory, import the prebuild website. Then you can use the muffin builder import/export tool to copy a single page.