Menu Bar Icons (Not on the right position, than the font change and go italic)

Hello Support.

I download the Plugin Font Awesome Icons, to add icons on my main menu bar.
My problem is that icons are not left beside the word, it is above or under the word. And when i get it left beside the word, the word font change and go italic.

I activated css-class on the top and than i enter only "fa fa-home" CSSClasses(Optional)
Than it looks like this 

i try it also with <i class="fa fa-home" aria-hidden="true"></i>
in CSSClasses(Optional) and in the Navigation Label. But it is under my menu link "Startseite" and not left.

Than i try this in NavigationLabel and in CSSClasses(Optional)

<center><i class="fa fa-home" aria-hidden="true">Startseite</i></center>

And it works, the Home Icon ist left from "Startseite" but another problem appear, the font of "Startseite" change and go italic. 

so i experimented & try this 

<span class="fa fa-home" aria-hidden="true"></span> Startseite
but that also didnt work
i try it in Css Classes (Optional) and Navigation Label. 

I dont want that the font change or goes italic font. 
What can i do to solve the problem? 

best regards

Comments

• Hi,
    We do not support third-party plugins. We recommend using our set of icons listed here:
    thanks
  • edited March 2017
    Hello, iam so sorry, i dont know that i can use the betheme icons in de menubar too. 
    So i delete now the third party plugin.

Now i tried the same with 

[icon type="icon-lamp"] Startseite
    [icon type="icon-lamp"] 

in Navigation Label and CSS Classes (Optional), 

and than i tried only with

icon-lamp Startseite

but i see nothing :( 

iam a really beginner on computer and webdesign, all i learned was from youtube videos and google, but for these problem, i found nothing, so i decide to ask the talented guys from muffingroup.

maybe now u can help me, i only want a lamp left from "Tutorials" or a house left from "Startseite"

best regards

update: i found these code 
    <i class="icon-heart-fa">Startseite</i> .. this works but it goes italic, if this code possible without "Startseite" goes italic?
  • edited March 2017
    Dear Muffingruop, now i solve the problem i think. I use

<center><span class="icon-home"> Startseite</span></center>

and now it works. but another problem appear (again..haha..) 

in this picture i mark it with number 1 and 2

Number 1: Can i make the distance between the menu points like startseite and tutorial smaller? 
    Number 2: I thin the bluebox called submenu, can i make it that it appears middle? like when i use <center></center> in texts? it is to much left?

Number 3: can i make the blue box (think it called submenu) wider? it is so small 

thanks a lot :)
  • Hi,
    Your are doing it wrong, do this:
    <i class="icon-heart-fa"></i> Startseite
    instead of this
    <i class="icon-heart-fa">Startseite</i> 
  • wow thanks muffin support, this was magic 

Now my problem with italic & number 1 solved. (the distance is now smaller)

I think number 2 & number 3 have nthing to do with the icons, i write this here down, so i dont must open a new thread. Have u maybe some tip for me, how can i solve this?

the submenu is not middle, and can i make the submenu wider, so my sentences in the submenu dont break?

thank u so much for your post, that solved my icon problem completly <3 :)
  • Please send a link to your website.
  • For the submenu try this css 
    #Top_bar .menu li ul.sub-menu li { 
    width:250px !important;
    }
    You cannot center it, sorry.
  • edited March 2017
    Hi Muffin Support.

That was magic again, now the submenu is wider and the sentence don't break anymore. 
    Thank u soooo much. 

I have 2 last question, with this questions all my problems disappears.

1. Question:

Under advanced settings i can choose 
    • Animation (choose entrance animation on scroll or leave without animation)
    this anmations works fine on my desktop, its look pretty nice when i scroll down and reach a new section. 

But on every mobile phone, when i open my homesite, all animation work at once and not when i scroll down. Did i set something wrong for mobile phones? 
    As I said, on the desktop the animations works perfectly. 

2. Question

With this code i can set links that smoothly scroll down to my Section ID (#altcoins)
    <a href="#anker" class="scroll">Link</a>
    is it possible do make a smoothly scroll with a picture too?

On my picture, i write in "Link" this: #altcoins
    This work, but it jumps :/ .. i think the class scroll is missing.. so i try to add it in Custom Css Classes at the bottom
    class="scroll" but this code dont work, iam sure that is false, maybe u can me tell the correct code if this possible on pictures. 

Thank u lot

best regards

• This is how animation works on mobile and there is nothing we can do to change this. Mobile devices, does not support same features as computers and some features just couldn't be handled by mobile unfortunately.
  • Ok i understand this, so maybe u can help me with the 2nd question, so we can close here :)

Thanks
    best Regards

• Hi,

To make a page use the smooth scroll please edit the page, then under the muffin builder find the one-page option and turn it on. If you are using a custom link you have to add a 'scroll' class to it. For example:
    <a href="#slider" class="scroll">Slider</a>

thanks