404 error on demo site install - bug with new update?

I have tried updating two new sites recently started with betheme to the newer version. I wiped the box away, did a fresh install, then went to install the demo site. Upon doing so, across two different servers on two separate sites, I get a 404 error on import attempt. I assured I followed the reset guide and the slider first prior to install on the second attempt and met the same result in the end.

Is this release bugged or does anyone have an idea what could be happening to our system?

Comments

• Hi,

please go to theme folder, create php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us link to that file so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

Thanks!

• Also, I am getting the error on two different sites, on two separate server's, and tested with chrome, firefox, and IE. I also just tested uploading from home, and am still seeing the 404 error. I do not think this is internal but would love to be wrong. 
  • I deleted the other topic since this one covers the same issue.
    To fix your problems, contact your hosting provider and remove the suhosin script. Also increase max_input_vars and memory_limit values.

• I deleted the other topic since this one covers the same issue.
    To fix your problems, contact your hosting provider and remove the suhosin script. Also increase max_input_vars and memory_limit values.

• what would I want to increase those limits to?

• max input to about 5000
    and memory limit to about 256mb
  • why is everyone else reporting this issue too i see?
  • Because everybody wants to pay as little as possible for hosting. This is what happens:)
  • ok i have raised both of those things on my servers and am now reattempting it and still seeing that issue.

• also, i have talked to my hostign support, who has walked through the issue with me. This is their reply...

Victoria Burma:As I can see, there is a ModSecurity rule triggered for the website on the server.
    11:31Victoria Burma:Mod Security is the module that is installed on our shared servers and configured to protect web applications from various attacks. ModSecurity works in the background, and every page request is being checked against various rules to filter out those requests which seem malicious. These can be the ones that have been run to exploit vulnerabilities in your website software with the only goal to hack the site. Sometimes, due to poor website coding, mod_security may incorrectly determine that a certain request is malicious, while it is legitimate actually.
    11:31Victoria Burma:I will whitelist the rule now.
    11:35Victoria Burma:The rule has been whitelisted, please clear your browser's cache and try installing the theme again.

This got the theme to now install but definitely is an issue as it errors out and you come back to the page and it is installed. In total, i have revised all server settings requested by you guys and have now gotten the install working, but it takes a whitelisting of a rule on the server level. I am hoping you guys can resolve this so I do not have to do a new request with support for each client. 
  • it would appear there are scripts in your new update that trigger namecheaps security rules. Is this a planned addition that will now impact every new project or will this be resolved?

• it was this that triggers it....

wp_remote_get
  • ok muffin group, anyone who has this issue on either a shared hosting or cpanel based hosting platform, may have to go to their hosting provider and have them "whitelist wp_remote_get across all cpanel accounts of theirs".
  • Your php version is 5.4
    Please update the php version.
    Update the theme to the newest version for a fix of wp_remote_get