BeTheme title on Mobile view and video won't play on mobile view

Hey everyone,

Building a site and had trouble with BeTheme logo appearing in the header on the home page. I followed the discussion boards instructions in another thread and posted this code: "#Top_bar #logo img { display: none; }" into the theme options custom CSS box. It did the trick and removed it on my laptop.

I was close to migrating it to it's proper domain and just looked on my mobile to check its appearance. The BeTheme logo is on the mobile view. When I checked the responsive views in wpadmin, it seemed the BeTheme logo was back on the other responsive views except the computer view. Any idea how to fix that?

Also, the responsive views within wpadmin show the video play smoothly on its loop. But when I look on my mobile, the video won't play at all. Not sure where to look for this. I used a shortcode to embed the video and it seems to work fine on my laptop. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Hi,

Could you please provide us with a link to your page? Also try to attach a screenshot, and more detailed info would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • edited April 2017

As I said, I had the "BeTheme" logo at the top left of my home page. I cut and pasted the code: "#Top_bar #logo img { display: none; }" into the theme options custom CSS box. That removed it from the home page. 

I thought I was good, problem solved. Then I went to look at the responsive views on tablet and mobile and found "BeTheme" logo was present on those views. 

I've also noted that on my mobile (iOS) the video will not play at all. This was a simple project that I have clearly made more complicated. 

Thanks

• edited May 2017

I figured out the logo stuff myself, just needed to specifically add code for the mobile logo as well so I ended up with this and it seemed to fix remove the "BeTheme" logo from every view:

/* Header */
    #Top_bar #logo img {display:none;}
    #Top_bar #logo img.logo-mobile {display:none;}
    #Top_bar .logo #logo  {display:none;}

Now to solve the video problem. I've embedded a .mov file using the shortcode from within the visual composer, content, video and it seems to be working great everywhere except my iOS device. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.This is what the code looks like:

Clearly, I've missed something...
  • Hi,
    the problem is that iOS devices need .mp4 content not .mov
    Look at your shortcode and see that you have placed a .mov, and you were supposed to place a .mp4 there instead.
    thanks
  • edited May 2017
    Oh how stupid. I knew it was a .mov file. I had converted mp4 in my media library but didn't use it. 

Thanks for the fresh look at the code. It works just fine now. 

J