Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Bretheon demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

Hacked 3 times
  • I think there is some security issue with the Brethon theme.
    I was hacked 3 times already and on 2 different installs.
    1. First time hacked
    I've removed wordpress. Added wordpress again. Added the latest version of the theme. Added the following plugins:
    Google XML Sitemaps
    Language Bar Flags

Nothing else. Changed all passwords and logins

2. Got hacked again.The server admin contacted me that the website was sending spam again.
    Did the same process described on step 1.

3. Hacked again.

This also just happened in a different server which exact same plugins.
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Slider Revolution wasn't being used.
  • OK so one of my clients has been hacked and I have spent an hour or so removing tons of php files with a hidden payload shifted off screen.  Then I come across the below...

wp-content/themes/bretheon/revslider/temp/update_extract/

inside this folder is a zip file named revslider.zip and the expanded folder and file from the zip. The only file inside the expanded folder is tmpinstall.php and this is definitely the source of the hack. this php file is changing htaccess files, creating misc php files with base64 in random places chmoding folders with 777, there are russian code comments, etc.

Is this a vulnerability with rev slider?