Double title on Blog posts

Hello,

been struggling with this for some time now and can't find the settings on how to change this behaviour.

The Be|theme adds a top title to the pages with the breadcrumbs on the right. On blog posts however, this results in 2 titles showing per post. I added a screenshot to make things clear. 

Of course I would like to remove one of these titles as this is double information. Not sure however which is the best: the theme's top title blends the best with the theme, but the post's 'native' title is better styled and gives more information on the post. 

What do you suggest to do? And how? 

Thanks beforehand for the info!
-wim

Comments

• Hi,

we know about this thing and we explained everything in other topic so please take a look on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/133/title-is-shown-twice-in-blog-post

But also with version 3.0 we added possibility to hide duplicated title for post. This option is available in Theme options > Getting started > Blog section. Option is called "Post title".
  • Thanks! Sorry for double posting, I didn't find that post that easily. Search function is not terrific. 
  • Hmmm ... not quite what I wanted.

The option in the appearance menu takes away my post title. However, I want to use that one in favor of the page title with breadcrumb. 

The option in the other post, to hide page title does not hide the subheader (page title + breadcrumb). 

How can I remove the page title completely from my post and leave the post title? 

Thanks!
    -wim
  • @wimvanleuven are you wanting to do this solely for single blog posts? If so, I would probably suggest to edit the header.php file and use a PHP if statement for 'single' posts and then configure it to display no title when if statement is validated. 

Personally, I kept the header title and disabled post title. See here - 

• @clearsidemediaco Thanks for your explanation and help but we added this possibility with 3.0 version :) And this post title can be disabled in section we described above.

@wimvanleuven If you prefer to remove subheader title for all posts, then you must use below custom css instead:
    .single-post #Subheader .title { display: none; }
  • Thanks for the great support!

I'm probably going for the option to remove the post title and style the #Subheader. If I'm correct the best way to do this is a custom CSS .singlepost.... like the one above. 
    -wim
  • My custom style for single posts 

/*
    Style the subheader on single posts to match the actual post header
    Also forced the width to 60% to give more room to the breadcrumw which
    was wrapping across multiple lines
    */
    .single-post #Subheader .title {
    font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif;
    font-weight: 300;
    font-size: 35px;
    color: #444444;
    width: 60% !important;
    }

.single-post #Subheader .breadcrumbs {
    width: 40%;
    }

/*
    hide the nav-header over single posts.
    We prefer the more elaborate left-right nav indicators from the theme
    */
    .post-nav {
    display: none;
    }
  • edited August 2014
    wimvanleuven ,
    thanks a lot for the css. It saves me. Anyway, where to enable breadcrum?
  • Hello Soweic,

no problem at all. Glad somebody has use for it. 

Regarding the breadcrumbs, I'm not sure it's something that can be turned of. Have a look at be|theme's options!

Good luck
    -w