Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Kora demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

Jquery Conflict in IE
  • I'm hoping I might be able to get some help with an issue that I am having. In checking for cross-browser compatibility, I get this error when viewing in IE8. BTW, Chrome and Firefox render beautifully....

    Webpage error details

    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.5; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 15:10:20 UTC

    Message: Expected identifier, string or number
    Line: 155
    Char: 2
    Code: 0

    Based on the error msg, it's obviously a js conflict of some sort but I wouldn't know where to start trying to isolate the issue. Perhaps the jquery sequence...I dunno. Can someone please help?

  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Please sign in to see answear!
  • I'm fairly certain I know what the issue is. It's with my own machines. I'll keep you posted on the status.
  • In testing for cross-browser compatibility, I think I stumbled on something that might help you now and in the future....I hope. I realize that you've tested extensively, but something has to be going on. Have you released any recent updates to the Kora theme? If so, maybe something in the update is resulting in this issue. These are the results from testing in IE 8-10 on The first is IE 8 and the last is IE 10. I'm not trying to be a pain, but I know it's not just my machines because these compatibility tests are run from remote servers. As you can see, IE 9 and 10 render our site perfectly, however IE 8 is another story altogether. Your thoughts? Thanks!!



  • I'm not trying to spam your forum so I hope you guys don't get upset, but I just want to keep you posted on things that I am trying. The images that we have currently used on the site are transparent PNGs, and I believe the issue might be with how IE8 is handling them with the jquery.hoverdir.js. Here's a link to what I've found that describes fairly well how the images on our homepage are rendering in IE8. I'm going to try and figure out how to implement this and see if it works. I'm not a coder, so I have to be careful not to break anything in the theme.

  • Figured it out. I can't believe how dumb I am. IE8 was in Compatibility View and I didn't realize it. Sorry for all of the trouble. Still acting a bit funny though...title tags don't render in IE8 and it's still handing transparent PNGs terribly. But, the basic functioning is in place. I'm searching for a plugin or hack to take care of the rest.
  • Please sign in to see answear!