How update to the new version of Be|theme?

Comments

• Will Envato Toolkit work if there are changes made to the theme files?

I can only assume changes have been made by my developer to my theme files as when I update the files via FTP my site is a mess afterwards.

I am running on 12.2 and want to update to 14.0
  • @mlgrippi Modified files would be always updated by original files during any update of course. This is just how updates works.
  • @muffingroup I want to upgrade to version 14.0 from 12.2.  

It seems my developer made some very minor changes to the theme files, as when I do the update parts of the web site get pretty messy.

I have 'beyond compare' per your recommendation, but I don't understand how to use it.  It seems like every single file in v14.0 is different than in 12.2.

Please advise.
  • @mlgrippi If your files has been modified, you need to contact with your developer who did those changes because it's just too difficult to explain and there is to much things that needs to be done before the update.

• Is there a way I can find out what changes have taken place between Version 12.2 and version 14.0 to see if it is worth it for me to hire the designer for the upgrade?

Thanks
  • Hi muffingroup, 

I've deleted the old version of betheme (but keep the child theme), I tried to install the latest version but it keep popping out the info below. Can you please help on this? thanks. 

Are you sure you want to do this?

Please try again.

• @mlgrippi We do not have such list of changes unfortunately.

@Monoct This message says that you can not install theme thru the WP default importer because of the limits on server side. It’s probably because of upload_max_filesize. There is few ways to install your theme then:

- You need to contact with your admin and ask him to increase those limits for you so you can install theme via default importer
    - You can install betheme-small-no-plugins.zip file instead which is much lighter because does not contain plugins
    - You can unzip default betheme.zip file and upload betheme folder with all theme files via FTP into /wp-content/ folder.
  • @muffingroup

Is there anyone there at your team that I can pay to do this for me?
  • @mlgrippi We are sorry but we are too busy and we do not offer such service. But if you want, you can contact with our colleges http://customizationgeeks.com and http://rewrkz.com/ and they would be able to help you for sure.
  • @muffingroup, I ran into the same trouble as Monoct. So I tried to unzip betheme.zip and upload it via FTP. However during the upload Filezilla said 1324 failed to transfer. Now BeTheme is on my WP dashboard but whenever I try to activate it, an HTTP 500 error pops up. 
  • @hunt1151 You need to contact with your admin then because files didn't copied properly.
  • Hi, 

You say to upload the files via FTP, but you not say which folder. Do we upload all betheme folder to wp-content folder?

My wp-content only has 5 folders and index.php inside,  is not the same as the betheme folder on my local drive.

p.s I havent installed any demo content, nothing yet, just want to update to latest version as i updated wordpress to 4.6 

Thanks

• edited August 2016
    @unchris1 Sorry, we thought that it's clear you need to update files in main betheme folder.
  • In root of my FTP i have wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes and other files 

The Betheme Folder has lots more folders like , assets, bbpress,css,fonts etc etc etc thats not in my main FTP folder

So i have no idea where to upload the files from betheme too

you dont really make it clear

Thanks
  • ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you mean in wp-content/themes/betheme !!
  • @unchris1 Yes, this is main theme folder exactly.
  • I upgraded everytime the an update is released. I do the upgrade by FTP. However from some time the ingo theme page still saying that the version is 14.3

What happen?

Thanks!
  • @DArnaez You need to contact with Envato and ask them why you are not able to download latest version.
  • The problem was fixed in this version. Thanks!
  • Hello, I installed the Envato toolkit and want to make the theme of the update, but tells me that I will lose all customizations. If before the procedure, I download the backup document available in be theme options, and after the upgrade, up these files, my site will keep all settings? Including text, photos and css code customization?
  • @centrodharma All settings/content is stored in database so if you didn't changed any theme files, you will not lose anything during the update.
  • I updated the theme and everything is working fine, but you STILL have not addressed the fact that when editing content in a Visual Editor, you CANNOT SCROLL DOWN to see what it is you are editing. It always jumps back to the top. I have seen this bug mentioned countless times in these forums with no explanation of how to fix this. I literally cannot train my clients on content editing because you cannot use the WYSIWYG editor after your content gets more than a paragraph long.
  • @ackmanndickenson But it has nothing to theme. It's just Wordpress default option. However, more details about it you can find on this forum already http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1007/fixed-visual-editor-text-area-not-scrolling#latest
  • Even installing Envato toolkit, when you click update, nothing happens, it does not work.
  • @centrodharma Envato Toolkit is deprecated tool and does not work anymore.
  • Is there any development in progress to make this updateable through the Wordpress Admin panel? I would use this theme with far more clients if I didn't have to manually update. That is the only reason I didn't get a perfect 5 star, as its a pain :D
  • I use BeTheme with the sports theme content. As long as all the input I did was done through wordpress dashboard I will not lose anything by updating correct? uploaded images will stay intact?
  • @tnethers Yes, it is possible thru admin panel of course. All you need to do is remove current theme and then install the newest version once again just like you did it first time. You won't lose anything of course because all settings/content are stored in database. However, we always recommend to keep backups just in case.

@Kenneth_V Yes, you won't lose anything.
  • Thank you very much
  • Can you please implement auto update feature directly from Wordpress which only updates necessary files. This manual thing is time consuming and some times frustrating.