How update to the new version of Be|theme?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    @Dresstive By "changing files" we mean if you did not modified any theme files on FTP. If you did not modified any then all you should do is overwrite current files on FTP with the latest one. All you need to do is log in into your server within FTP client server (like Filezilla or Total Commander), and overwrite current files in FTP with the latest one. This is all you need to do.

@rahimimorad_gmail You're welcome :)
  • Last week I installed Be|Book theme. Because I want to edit the theme, I currently set the child theme as active. I also uploaded he parent theme, but set it as inactive.

On February 14th I got an e-mail that there is an update available for BeTheme, but how do I install this? I get no message if I login at the back-end of my website. I think because I don't get a message, because I use the child theme and not the parent theme.

Should I just download the update from ThemeForest and then upload (overwrite) it via FTP? And if I do that, does my child theme still work?
  • @Robbeh Yes, this is all you need to do. And child theme will work properly of course.
  • I have installed Envato Toolkit and added the API key however there is no option to upudate the theme despite being notified by Envato yesterday that a new version of Betheme has been released.
  • @davidbowen2014 If you setup this tool correctly, then you must contact with Envato team and ask them about this issue because this is for sure something with Envato Toolkit.
  • Why we cannot update the theme from the wordpress updates section , simlpy ?!!
  • The Envato updater works fine, once you know where to look!
  • A big theme like this , must give the client the easiest methods ;) 
  • edited June 2015
    @TakiAcademy Please use Envato Toolkit just like @davidbowen2104 wrote to get automatic updates. However we prefer manual updates via FTP because in our opinion this is more safe.
  • Which files i need to overwrite?
  • I am having trouble with the envato tool kit. it use to work but now it lags and ends up redirecting to an error 404 page. I know you're not envato but has anyone else been experiencing this? and any other suggestions? i'd like to have the update happen automatically. 
  • @jorgevas78 You must contact with Envato staff because as we know, they had a problems with server and this could be the reason why automatic updates does not work.
  • @muffingroup - I installed one of your demos to Be|Theme v8.7 . So if I want to upgrade to v8.8, does this mean I will lose all settings associated with this demo because I have to delete the current betheme?
  • @thinksachi If you did not modified any theme files, then you won't lose anything because all settings are stored in database.
  • Hello guys am kind of a newbie, so am confuse 
    Today I got the e-mail saying to update my betheme, so I need to to the same instalation meaning
    download the package, on WP delete the old theme, and install everything from scratch?
    What happens to my changes since I change some of the things
  • @Nebfree15 Did you read this topic? As we wrote above, you won't lose any settings that are stored in database. Basically if you did not touched any theme files, then feel free to overwrote current files via FTP and all settings from database will stay.
  • I am a bit confused as well on this topic.  The last time I updated the theme, the instructions were to make BeTheme inactive and activate a different theme, then upload the new BeTheme, Install it and make the new BeTheme active.  This did not work and unfortunately I don't have FTP access to the site.

Thanks in advance for your response.
  • @bcashen If it does not work that way, you must have limits on server side and that's why you are not able to install theme. It's necessary to contact with your server admin because FTP is "must have" for every developer and if something bad will happen in the future, you won't be able to do anything without this access.
  • Hey i need to update the theme from version 8.6. I have a child theme with only the static css and function file in it... and i've made a backup of my current setting on your admin panel... Should I expect some changes or should i take care of something that might be changed since my current version ? 
    thanks a lot.
  • @numero7 You shouldn't expect any changes but you should make backups definitely just in case.
  • of course thanks
  • Even though I have the Envato toolkit installed, BeTheme says it isn't installed. When I try to install it, it says it's already installed.

Very frustrating trying to update this theme - it shouldn't be this difficult!!!

Terry

• Got it figured out. When trying to activate the Envato toolkit from within the BeTheme plugins section, it wouldn't work. When I went to plugins, it was there and showing as deactivated. I activated it, and now can update the theme.

• @terrywmu Yes, we completely agree with you. It shouldn't be so difficult and wasn't in the past until Envato did not changed their API. Because of they recent changes, everything has been changed and this plugin does not work anymore. More details about that you can read on https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit/issues/85
  • Sorry but this is not very clear at all Muffingroup. This theme is one of the most popular themes on Envato and it really would be of great help to all of your customers if you atleast created a youtube video explaining the process we need to go through to upgrade.
  • @fameadvance All details about theme update you can find in this topic or at http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#installation so we do not understand what is not clear and what video you expect. Did you ever updated anything via FTP? Steps are as below:

Step 1. Open FTP where theme is.
    Step 2. Unpack files from betheme.zip file.
    Step 3. Overwrite theme files on FTP with files from already unpacked betheme.zip file.

This is how whole update process looks like so it doesn't look like this needs any videos.
  • May I assume then there is no need overwrite the child theme and only the parent theme upon each update release? The child theme is the one I currently have activated and as my website. Thank you for all your help.
  • @younghopak Yes, you need to update parent theme only.
  • Awesome thanks!